1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

If UNC-Charlotte Starts a Football Team . . .

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Sep 1, 2007.

UNC-Charlotte and the BIG EAST? Should it be long term goal of the school?

1. Yeah, it should

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. Nope, bad idea

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Dude, if we started a football team tomorrow we wouldn't be much worse that Carolina and would probably beat Duke. You have no idea the amount of work that is going into this. Be quiet about that which you do not know.

2. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

no, you would not beat duke. there are no football players at UNCC.

3. Jebus (Stinker)

Jebus (Stinker) Junior Member

"Dude, Be Quiet About What You Don't Know"

The idiots hate it when you rain on their parade.

Unless UNCC has alumni or friends capable of donating $10 million a year over the next ten years, the school has no chance of getting a Division I-A college football program.

VA49er, since you know so much, please enlighten me: how much damn money has UNCC raised? I've heard somewhere around $550,000 so far. Not even enough to pay for a head coach and full staff's salaries for ONE YEAR.

You really don't understand what you are up against, 49ers. Just about every college football program in this state has a 100-year head start on you. It would take an overwhelming amount of fundraising and wise athletic administration to catch up to the likes of Davidson, Elon, Gardner-Webb, and North Carolina A&T. You are light-years away from reaching the level of the Big Four, despite what you might believe.

4. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Full Access Member

$ 550,000.25

i have pledged a quarter..

but i hope they get a team. i dont care where they play...
    there is enough alumni and local money to make this happen...

5. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

Hardest part is getting the infra-structure started. Once it gets going it is hard to stop the boulder from rolling downhill.

The initial hurdle is the toughest thing to over come. I know I bust on you guys in fun. There is SO much that needs to be done before you guys even take the first snap that it is almost impossible. Most of the D1 schools were D1 just after WW2-1960. Good luck.

To be honest , App State has a better chance.

6. Ninerballin

Ninerballin Junior Member

Your obviously on crack :smoking:. We have several people connected to this school that could write a check right now and get this program started. I don't think fundraising will be a problem once the program gets the go-ahead.

And you forgot to point out the obvious, Charlotte will be at 30,000+ students in next 10 years so student fees can raise a ton of money. You are just scared of the juggernaunt that Charlotte is poised to become. It is like a train, once the train starts rolling, money won't be a problem.

I also laugh how we are light years away from reaching the Big 4? If you are talking about football, then there's only three teams in North Carolina that are worth a damn. That's ECU, Wake, and App. Chapell Hill, NC St., and Duke will be the bottom feeders of the ACC this year.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  7. Ninerballin

Ninerballin Junior Member

I could go on campus right now and grab up a team that would beat Lenior-Rhyne's. Matter of fact, the starting QB of my HS team (wasn't too bad either)(who's a coach @ Wingate now) graduated from Charlotte.

8. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Full Access Member

I dont think its smart to think Charlotte will be D-1 at the start..

and just starting out .. they wouldnt compete the first 2 years with even Duke...

maybe Charlotte can become a rival with Belmont Abby when they get their football program started

9. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

no, you couldn't. not that i even care.

10. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

thats about $3,400 from every single student. (if you get to 30,000)