1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

If this team and Jake

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Blueblood32, Oct 29, 2004.

1. blackcatfan

blackcatfan Full Access Member

Gee you sure seem to forget a lot.
    This time , you forgot to mention that Moose was second to Hayes by only 12 yards and 2 receptions and that Moose's hamstring only let him play 11 games that year while both Hayes and Byrd played 15.

2. Skull

Skull Full Access Member

Again, There is no fair way to compare them.

Jake was the QB that went to the Super Bowl

Jake's proof will be in the pudding after the season is over.

Weinke is a mute point as a PANTHER.

I'm curious how many will turn on Jake B/C of his td/int ratio at season's end!

3. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

I won't because I am one of the rare ones that understand that Jake's problems are because we have no O-line to protect him and give him enough time to set up and throw. I also understand that most of our O players are out for the season because of injuries.

Now, I'd be one that called for his head IF we had all of our O players intact and his ratio sucked, but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt because we have no O line and the starting RBs and WRs are out for the season.

4. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

I'm not suggesting a look at Weinke in any relation to Jake's job, just to decide what to do with Weinke roster wise if it isn't already decided which it may be. I think even if we dump Peete and bring in Weinke and a new guy next season the job is definitely Jake's to lose. I'm just questioning if the season is done before the last few games, do you put Weinke in just strictly to make a decision about keeping him as BACK UP next year or letting him go?

5. Skull

Skull Full Access Member

If and when they lose 2 more games , they should rotate in alot of players to help evaluate for next season

I argued that point Panthers last game of season against Raiders when B-line was the starter
    If they had started LEWIS that game they could have saved alot of wasted pre-season time on LEWIS

6. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Weinke will be released outright if not traded, and that doesn't look to be a possibility. His salary requirement would be too much to consider keeping him. We'll likely see 2 new QB's next year.

7. Blueblood32

Blueblood32 Full Access Member

We better draft a QB because JAKE sucks!!! I didn't believe in him last year and he's proving me right. I don't know if Weinke can play and we'll never know while he's here. Like I said, I'd love to see Weinke go elsewhere and be a star. I would laugh myself to death. FOX is a MORON and Jake stinks! Injuries are a part of the game. That is no excuse to throw the bad balls Jake is throwing!

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Jake is like most other "good" QBs. He needs help to win games. He needs a run game, an OL that can protect him and some receivers that can get open.

Unless you last name is Elway you can not get it done by yourself. Put any QB in the league on our team the way it is comprised right now and he would struggle.

We have already been through this with Bline but no one seemed to learn. QBs are not great one year and sucky the next. They depend on the rest of the team.

9. homer2k79

homer2k79 Fuckin' Chuck Norris

Ok let me get this right, you didn't believe in him when he took us to the superbowl? Do you realize how stupid that statement is? "Jake sux, he only led us back to victories in the last couple minutes of 7 games" Fox is not a moron. I'm not saying I agree with every move that has been made, but he took us to the f..ing superbowl. We have been decimated by injuries. You are only as good as your surrounding people. That is why this is a team sport. You know what we should just move the team to LA or just disband all together.