1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

If not a QB #1, what do we do for a QB?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

...and you don't have a definative stance on Cam. You waffle more than Bill Clinton. It's whatever fits your agenda at the time. I don't really give a fuck one way or the other, it's just entertaining how many people get roped in to your circular arguments.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Pretty sure that calling him the best QB prospect in the draft while also saying that he will never be an elite passer is pretty fucking definitive. You're just inventing excuses to try and undermine me because I intimidate you.

3. Ted Striker

Except for the fact your definition of the terms "best QB prospect" and "elite passer" are subject to change.

Intimidated, hardly. I'd have to give a fuck about you first. Your subjegation of certain members of this board is somewhat entertaining. I just call you as I see you. Whether I'm right or wrong is up to the reader. You have a knack for the inflammatory but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

That doesn't even make sense. You said something dumb, you got called on it, and now you're making yourself look worse by pretending that you didn't screw up. Obviously I have made definitive statements about Cam and tons of other players. You fucked up, just move on.

Oh please. Nearly all of your posts are either about me or Purr. You desperately want to make me seem less knowledgeable and accurate than I clearly am, all because you seem witless and ignorant by comparison.

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Lmao.

No matter how much you inhale his cock, Ted, you're not going to be chums. I promise you. No one gives a flat fuck about you.

6. Ted Striker

I choose to reply to your posts because they are often full of pompous self-promotion or you're just being a contrary douche. Purrsy is just an idiot I toy with because the stupid fuck always comes back for more.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. Ted Striker

Except for you. Deep down you want to win my respect. It's okay, but understand that I don't associate with idiots and it'll never happen.

8. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Jesus fucking Christ.

9. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

so i'm not understanding the whole it'd be nice to take a risky pick but we should just take the conservative pick cause we can't afford to be risky ... we have to get a couple of solid starters. we need a couple of "impact" players on D to be a really good team. can't do that taking "safe" guards and RTs.

last year the argument was that Newton was too risky, and yet Hurney did it despite all ... was that before he screwed us in the pooch? was that one of the dumbest moves by a GM ever?

it seems to me you have to get a stud, someone who's at least mentioned as an All-Pro candidate, in the first round at an "impact" position (again, we need this to be on D). Hurney did that last year and my guess is that he will do it again this year. i don't think you can afford to take "safe" picks at low impact positions in the first round, nor can you afford to miss. some of his questionable picks made in the first round in the past i think were predicated by Fox's philosophy (RBs, RT). now that we have gone in a different direction, I don't think we will be seeing those kind of picks again.

imo, in the second round is where he needs to be a little more careful as the picks start getting a lot more dicey. they're cheaper and so not as costly if you miss, but i think him constantly taking bets in this round is a big reason why we aren't where we want to be. i'd like to see him take a "safe" pick here, even if it's a "low" impact position, and fill a weakness (either of them) on the team.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Last off-season the Panthers had among the most cap room of any team in the league. This off-season and for the next couple in the future, the Panthers have among the least cap room of any team in the league. Spending the #9 overall pick on someone like Poe would be incredibly idiotic.