1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

If Jesus had married and had a child

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by Thelt, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think it is sort of like thinking of your parents having sex. It is not necessarily wrong just unsettling.

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Quite a few, even though there is a substantial historical record that he did.

After giving it some further thought, what if they prove that this guy in the tomb was Jesus, and tehn someone comes back with the exact same DNA?

That would either be impossible or make him his 2000 year old identical twin,right?

3. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

I would probably waive the DNA test if the "coming back" part happened right in front of me. Maybe not if it happens at the Super Bowl halftime show though.

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

The real question is would you take his class on Intelligent Design?

5. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Agreed. Sure, DNA samples could be run, but what would we have to compare them to for identification?

Perhaps His 'origins' would not change, but His identity and His purpose most certainly would.

Actually, stripping Him of his identity would invalidate much of what He taught. Even His messages that weren't directly related to heaven, hell, or God would be weakened by His subsequential lack of authority.

No, it really doesn't, and that's my argument. If it happened, there's no legitimate reason for four of his closest followers and friends to conceal it.

...and who haven't read Song of Solomon in the Old Testament...

Much of what He taught was founded upon His identity, and the knowledge and authority that goes along with it. Without that, He's just another nomad with a few good, but naively idealistic ideas.

6. BluebloodHT

BluebloodHT Full Access Member

All this stuff drives me nuts...The most important thing to remember and consider is this: Jesus KNEW who he was...HE told EVERYBODY that would listen. He knew what his fate would be, he knew he would DIE for preaching his word. He could've run, he could've apologized, he did not! He accepted the HUMAN verdict and went to the cross. His disciples believed him, but they wavered after his crucifiction. It would've been easy for them to meld back into their jewish culture, but they did not! Instead they became martyrs for his cause and in his name.

At the end of the day, you have to consider the actions and reactions of the people who lived and died then. I have no belief that the disciples would've died horrific deaths for a lie. FTR, only JESUS CHRIST comes under such scrutiny. He has been doubted and questioned since his arrival here. To my knowledge he is the only religious figure constantly attacked and persecuted (as he said he would be). Just my .02.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I agree with what you are saying. I guess my main point in this thread is that it is pointless to speculate on such things because even if they proved that Jesus had married and had a child that in and of itself would not mean he was not God incarnate. I know this whole issue is just an attack on the deity of Christ.

8. builder

builder membered member

So he became a self-fulfilling prophet. Cool.

9. builder

builder membered member

You mean like whether or not he was actually the son of God?

Yeah, I'm attacking Christianity. I don't buy it. I believe more of what GWBush says than what I've read in the bible. Every story has another version in another culture. Creation, world flood, death of a prophet, savior. They're all throughout history. People need something to look forward to. If there was nothing before you were born, there will be nothing when you die.

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

That question is not what is being debated. If it were then it would be worthy of argument.