1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

If it were up to me:

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, Dec 2, 2009.

1. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

I just think it would be fun to follow and interesting again. I didn't follow the team very closely until the end of Seifert so it would be cool to see how it would unfold. Of course that would be true of any new staff.

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Oh, I agree that a refresh would be very exciting and I'd be locked-in again too. Things have gone stale with Fox. Even last year, I wasn't that excited until the Tampa win.

I just think there's a bit of a catch 22. Fox might be our best option, but a lot of the same problems would continue to exist. You make a change and there would be a jolt of energy, but I think there would be potential for one of the big name guys to come here and fall flat, like Seifert did. There are areas that can only get better, like special teams and the passing game, but you never know if a guy might come here and completely break the defense, or go to a different blocking scheme and hurt our running game.

It's easy to say that we've underachieved and we should go in a different direction. But things can always get worse. There are teams out there who haven't seen a playoff game in a decade. We were in one back in January.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    though compared to some of this Hurney reinvented football

4. Bill Cowher

Bill Cowher Full Access Member

Why are you hating on me. Sign me and Kordell Stewert comes in to be the QB. Package deal

5. Parker

Parker Full Access Member

Hire Hasbeen99 as GM!

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I would not cut Barnidge just yet. He may still end up being good. I think King is a free agent though so I could go with letting him walk and adding Pascoe.