1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I voted aginst the Arena

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Puttingood, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Xantos

Xantos Full Access Member

Xantos is formaly Obewon....
    I have no idea what you mean on the smartass quote, I live in Meck. County... my IP is local.

How is it childish? Hell it hits my pockets just like you.....The city wanted it, and it was gonna happen regaurdless of how hard you think your being fucked! I didn't say anyone had to move, that was just a solution....WTF

The man is gonna have to pay taxes, a number wasn't given, but I'm sure it'll be in the Millions......Since you seemed to be so offended with me posting "childish links", you can find the info at Charlotte.com

2. Puttingood

Puttingood Sensitive One

chill Obewon

I thought you posted this Unfortuantly this city is not going to stop growing, Live with it or move. Then you or anybody that want to cry taxes want have anything to cry about. but apparently that was xantos that said that.
    Now you say this I didn't say anyone had to move, that was just a solution....WTF

See my confusion ? One place you gave me a choice --Live with it or move---then another place you tell me you didn't say anyone had to move. Help me out Xantos. You want me to move or don't you?

3. Xantos

Xantos Full Access Member

Putt, I don't care what ya do......A solution (which is just my opinon) is that If someone is complaining about the taxes, and the city gettin' in there pockets. It would be cheaper to live outside of Charlotte. That's a solution, that's it.

I'm not telling ANYONE if you don't like it then move....

This city is growing, I chose to move here 10 years ago, and things like this you just can't stop. No matter what. To much money involved......I do hate the negativty the media has put around this whole thing. NC is just like Indaina, BBall state, I think Hoops should be here on all levels.

4. Puttingood

Puttingood Sensitive One

I'm not telling ANYONE if you don't like it then move.... posted by Xantos

Live with it or move. Then you or anybody that want to cry taxes want have anything to cry about. posted by Xantos

:confused:

5. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

I moved to Weddington, so I guess all you Charlotte boys will cover my cost of the arena. Thanks!

By the way, I like Budweiser not Miller at the concessions.

You guys let me know when it's ready.

Thanks again!

The guy that moved out of charlotte and into one of the lowest tax region in state.

6. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

he is insecure in that he has to point out his profession as an importance in his letter... does he mean that garbage men, letter carries, and truckers are ignorant and can't decide on whether or not they want to pay taxes or not??

7. Puttingood

Puttingood Sensitive One

My point has and always will be that the taxes that have already been paid are not going to be given back regardless of an arena being built and tax monies are still gonna be collected and some are still gonna be used for an arena. It takes a complete fool to think that the cost of an arena is not going to touch the pockets of taxpayers. As far as NBA players themeselves or the owner pumping in millions in taxes is rediculous. Only a couple from the old team even lived in Charlotte. Of course that ain't the point. I don't give a crap what they do with my tax money but don't look me in the eyes and tell me a complete lie and think I am stupid enough to fall for it. The actual vote itself cost us money and I voted against the package, not just the arena. Too much other stuff on the agenda besides the arena back then. If the arena had been on the agenda by itself then I would more than likely had voted yes.
    I understand what the NBA can give to Charlotte. A 10 year old kid could see that. It's the people that want the team so bad that are not making any sense. State the facts instead of just arguing for a arena. Tax money will be used and that is a fact. It is tax money that was collected or will be collected either from the taxpayers of Meck county or indirectly from the tax payers of Meck county. Grown men are running around screaming that "you don't understand! the hotel motel tax is blah blah blah." I understand and I ain't that smart. What I can't understand is why some of you people think that there is a magic suitcase of money that only came from tourist spending nights in Meck county.
    Like I said--I don't mind getting it up the ass but don't try to convince me that it ain't no dick you got shoved up there.

8. SmuthRob

SmuthRob Junior Member

Who cares who voted for what?

And here's the last word on this subject,

THE END!

9. Puttingood

Puttingood Sensitive One

SmuthRob, if you don't mind we will continue discussing this subject if we choose. Funny thing about a discussion forum--people tend to discuss things.;)

10. SmuthRob

SmuthRob Junior Member

If it feels good to you do it

Discuss on, when you don't have a life, you discuss things over a 7 year period! Bye