1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

hurney

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by TOTALPACKAGE, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

A roster "apocalypse", including losing Cam to free agency, might be the only way Hurney ever gets fired.

And Cam basically said he would leave if the team continues to suck and I believe him. I think he would take less money to play for a contender.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Am I the only one who knows anything about Richardson's business career? As I already told you, Richardson is the kind of person who values personal relationships and trusts a small circle of people. You might remember that he was in charge when the Denny's racism scandal happened, but evidently you aren't aware that the lawsuit brought by those black Secret Service agents was merely the last in a long line of racial discrimination complaints against the company. I'm not suggesting that Richardson encouraged that behavior, but as far as I know he didn't fire the people managing Denny's for him or even do much to correct the problem until that last incident brought so much media attention and threatened to derail his Panthers bid. Throughout his business history you can see a guy who likes to be involved, but absolutely does not micromanage his businesses. You also see a guy who is very reluctant to change his leadership structure. In fact, Richardson was considered such an obstacle to much-needed changes that he was forced out as CEO in '95.

Moreover, you're also forgetting that someone in the center of something often has trouble seeing the big picture. The closer you are to the action, the less objective you are. Remember me challenging the local yokels to write about all of Hurney's mistakes and them responding that Hurney was actually a great GM? They didn't just do that because they were stupid, although that was part of it. They had relationships with Hurney and thus were inclined to see reality in such a way where he seemed much better than he was. JR likes Hurney, and as noted, he relies heavily on personal relationships in his businesses. He's not a cold, rational thinker.

Uhm ... I directly quoted you from the post where you said "Hurney is there because he wields just enough power but gives a lot of it away."

It makes perfect sense, to the point that we can predict Hurney's moves before he makes them. He's the one behind this disaster. In fact, almost all of his mistakes trace back to things he learned under Bobby Beathard (trading first round picks, overpaying to keep continuity, etc).

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

The headset in this picture is under appreciated.

4. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Not by me, it isn't.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yeah, I have no idea why this would be the least bit implausible, or how it makes Hurney look any better.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

:42:

:crap:

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    oh, smilies. Well, maybe you can emote soon too.

yes. Which is true. Which is a pretty big difference between the above, and "he's not really a GM". We know he's there to facilitate what the coach wants, and that he doesn't dictate to the coach, he works with him. That's always been the arrangement.

And you can quote your paragraph about loyalty a couple hundred more times, but that doesn't keep JR from keeping guys he can control on board. They're not mutually exclusive.

8. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

Except, no. Thanks for the irrelevant history lesson. Denny's sucks. If you think Hurney thinks for himself, youre as dumb as he is. Jerry doesnt want a real GM, if he did i wouldnt be wasting my time reading your tripe ass ramblings. Yeah, hurney makes your fucking vag itch. We all know it. Be mad at Jerry for keeping his stupid ass around. What NFL team do you or have you worked for? Dont get all fucking uppity about what a GMs job is or isnt; like you fucking know!

To sum it up: hurney cucked by Jerry, you have misdirected anger, you can fucking blow me assclown-peace!

9. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

I'd hit it.

Oh, and FWIW, I think Meat should have his own forum on this board.

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Sds would so like to lick yougart off those orbs