1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

hurney

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by TOTALPACKAGE, Jul 23, 2012.

1. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

I wouldnt call the Panthers bottom feeders. We havent had alot of top 10 picks for such a young franchise. Our failure to address the QB position with decent talent has been our biggest issue in the past IMO.

We started with Collins and we all know how that went tits up. But it started off very promising with him you have to admit. Its taken us that many years for fate to put us back in position to nab another top notch signal caller.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Wrong and wrong. These days I'm reacting to someone starting shit with me, and even that doesn't happen very often. It's basically just Ted Striker, Purrsecutioner, or you. Moreover, how can you still not understand after all this time that it's your hypocrisy and dishonesty that drives me bananas? I've always been up front about being an asshole, and I've always been fine with people being an asshole to me. What I can't stand is your constant whining and crying about how bad I am when you engage in the exact same behavior.

Sure, I've told dumbasses to go join the Huddle where they'd be among their own kind. Again, no one of value was lost.

Hurney saying that he chooses to remain flexible and doesn't make those decisions beforehand suggests that there is no long-term plan. Hurney's draft history is what proves it. WRs over and over again. RBs twice in the first round within three years. Top picks on QBs in back to back seasons. Waiting until needs become apparent to draft DT. The list goes on and on and on.

And you're the only one saying so when everyone else and the evidence is against you. Even udontknowme, an Eagles fan, said that if there was any sort of long-term plan from Hurney then it wasn't possible for us to see it. I don't even buy that you believe what you're saying. You've shown throughout your posting history that you will doggedly stick to your initial comment even long after you know it to be wrong. This is not about you actually believing Hurney has any sort of plan, it's about you being completely unable to ever admit a mistake.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

That's hilariously wrong. Many studies have documented huge disparities in drafting success, often by looking at how many players drafted by a particular team are still in the league five or so years later. Teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh are exceptional, while teams like Carolina and Seattle are awful.

4. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Care to post these studies. I mean Armanti Edwards is still in the league.
    Evan Mathis finally came good in Phily.

Carolina actually has a favorable 1st round hit rate. These are the guys that should define a franchise.

Athlon sports magazine do a nice breakdown of games played by players drafted the previous year and do a 5 year look at players drafted still in the league or still on the team. From what i recall every team has its fair share of busts and up and down cycles.

I mean, the great Pats should own the NFL by now with all their draft picks of late. But they still rely on Brady and getting quality FA to join the org.

I agree that Baltimore under Ozzie make sound decisions. I was trying to make a general comment, yes, there are going to be 1 or 2 exceptions but on average, the other 28 odd organizations seem very typical.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Teams should have a strong hit rate in the first round, but you're correct that the Panthers deserve credit for following through there. It's everything after the first round that explains the dearth of talent at some positions and the overall lack of depth on the roster.

Despite their reputation, New England has actually never been a great drafting team and has been pretty bad in recent years aside from their 2010 class. So you're correct that they are evidence that you can succeed while sucking in the draft if you're smart in free agency.

No, you're really wrong on that. There are massive differences in the draft success rate for different teams, not just a couple at the top and bottom. I wish I had links for you, but they've been featured in Peter King's column, ESPN, and other places.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    shocking.
    because you're more than fine doing something, you just hate it when people do things to you. It's like you think you're protected or something.

and again, that's not for you to decide. You have no standing in this place. You fucking it up doesn't mean you decide to do that, and obviously, you were told not to do it. I'm sure it makes you happy to be one of six regular users, but to most people, that's just kinda sad.

it may suggest that to you, but he's talking about whether or not he's going to trade the pick. There's no way around that that's what his quote, or the article in general, are about.

which, of course, completely invalidates my ability to have the opinion, that no one's really speaking out in a completely ridiculous argument. On a subject that you are well known to freak out about.

7. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    [​IMG]

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

You tell yourself this because you can deal with the reality. Gridfaniker is one of my favorite posters and he's insulted me plenty. I really don't mind someone being abrasive with me if they're amusing or have a point. What annoys the shit out of me is that you whine and cry about the way I act, while never admitting that you do the same exact things. Hypocrisy has always been what drives me crazy.

I can't make someone leave, I just recommend it for people who don't belong here. Whether or not they listen is up to them, and if they did then I was presumably correct. And why do you keep pretending like you didn't do the same thing with SandMan and others? I also like how you ignored my point that the good posters who did leave didn't do so because of me. Hell, I wish guys like hasbeen were still around, but nothing is permanent on the internet.

You're still arguing about it because you're embarrassed that you were proven wrong and you get hysterically defensive when that happens. You've been doing it for years.

10. finleye

finleye como say what?

arguments that spiral out of control into personal vendettas are the most annoying of all...back to topic