1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How long Foster is our stater?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, May 1, 2006.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

sure

2. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

I wouldn't want to be nobody's stater anyway.

3. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Um actually Foster was here before Davis.

4. Gen Scope

Gen Scope Marginal

The point is barring injuries to Foster, there is very little likelihood that Williams will put up the kind of numbers that allows him to bump Foster from the roster. Add Shelton to the mix for short yardage and goaline situations and I doubt Williams will have better numbers than Going's 2004 campaign.

5. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

yup, I've been wondering how much he'll even be active this season due to that.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

If Foster stays healthy all year and keeps the form he had at the end of last season then it will be hard to beat him out of the job. I just do not see that happening though. I expect him to get hurt and miss several games during the season. Even when he was making his run at the end of last season we were shooting him up every game so he could play on that turf toe. If Williams is here we probably sit Foster for some of those games.

Williams will get an opportunity and if he is as good as advertised then I expect he will have a good shot at taking the job from Foster.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, you had no point. Suggesting that it would take 1500+ yards from DeAngelo to cause the team to release Foster is beyond absurd. It's such an extreme, obviously ridiculous position that it's difficult to envision a way to talk you back to sanity. It is absolutely true that Foster won't just be automatically released because we have other running backs on the roster, but the threshold for making expendable is much, much lower than what you tried to argue. At the point that Foster ceases to receive the preponderance of the team's carries, he is no longer worth his pricetag. For all we know, Foster may break out and become a star, preventing that from ever happening. Assuming it doesn't, however, it's likely that any strong showing from Williams and/or Shelton would allow the team to release or trade Foster to free up that cap room.

8. rake

rake Need one of these

It's Foster's job to lose . . . or in this case to share. A running back of DW's top of the 1st round hype IS going to get his share of touches and as the season goes on and he proves his stuff it could be a 50/50 split at some point. I still think there will be several games where Foster goes OFF like the Macys New Years Eve fireworks display. He'll be getting that toe numbed (or anything else numbed) and scrappin' to stay at the top of the depth chart.
    Much like I do not think Smitty & Key are going to be buddy-buddy I don't think DF & DW are going to be nearly as chummy as Foster & Davis were, and I think that's a good thing . . . possibly VERY good. Maybe even lead the NFC in offense good.:bananalam

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  9. Meth

Meth Member

what does it matter? Foster is a bitch and you still dont have a RB when its all said and done. I know, I know, super Nick Goins is gonna save the day......................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

10. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Watcha got behind Clinton Portis?