1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How does this really improve the Final Four?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Jul 10, 2003.

1. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

If the seeding for the Final Four is done on Selection Sunday, how does that insure the best matchups. The number 1s don't always make it, looks to me like a bunch of speculation or seedingin an attempt to "fix" the championships with the best teams in the Finals.

NCAA Plan Targets Final Four Matchups

INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA will consider a proposal that would allow the selection committee for the men's basketball tournament to set up the brackets to make for the best matchups in the Final Four.

If the plan is approved, the selection committee would determine on selection Sunday which regions will play against each other at the Final Four.

In the past, the pairings of the regional champions at the Final Four have been predetermined, meaning the top two teams in the country could play in the national semifinals instead of for the championship.

Under a proposal that will go before the NCAA's championship and competition cabinets in September, the selection committee would schedule what it expected to be the most competitive matchups for the Final Four.

Tournament management director Greg Shaheen said Wednesday there would not be any reseeding at the Final Four as the decision would be made before the tourney started.

"We're trying to make sure the committee has the flexibility to provide the most competitive games in March," Shaheen said. "There will be no reseeding."

The proposal also calls for changing the names of the regional finals from geographic to city names.

"It's to more clearly identify the regional with the city and to alleviate confusion with directional ties," Shaheen said. "Like why is the Midwest regional in San Antonio?"

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

It doesn't - I hate it. More importantly - HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU HAVE POOLS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

Now that is an important point vp, perhaps the most important issue. I agree with you. One I'm sure the NCAA is wanting to address. :rolleyes:

4. Charlotte2002

Charlotte2002 Full Access Member

If you can't have pools what good is the NCAA tourney...I mean it is still entertaining, but the pools bring people together, the pools are a part of what makes it so much different than anything else.

5. CPA_Niner

CPA_Niner Hulk Smash

The pool, yes it is what creates March madness!! It is a part of Americana.

I call Shennigans!!!