1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How does Fox justify keeping Peete as starter

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

what did Moose do?

2. Piper

Piper phishin member

Great post meat. You said what I wanted to say in the fowler thread a lot better. This is, for now, just for the Jax game. When it's time for a spark, we will make that change, and it will sell better to the team.

Kind of like Vinnie/Pennington last year. . I just hope we make the change before we go 2 and 5.

Cathead, i don't think Moose cares so much who throws him the ball, as long as someone gets it to him. He had to work like a dog to get his catches in preseason.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2003
  3. pantherplayersball

pantherplayersball Member

I was watching one of Bill Parcells press conferences the other day when he was talking about the qb's and the heart you need at that position.

He talked about all the qbs that have a good arm in the league but just don't cut it when trying to win a championship. If you look at Peete's history he fits this category. He has been on losing teams his whole career. Last year he did a good job with a terrible offense and helped us get 7 wins. We probably would have has 1 or 2 w/ Weinke or Fasani.

I think it boils down to protection from the o-line. If the o-line can't protect Peete's dead meat. If he has time he will probably do well. Peete has been unfortunate in the past to be on sorry teams and it really was not his fault that he played for losing teams. I hope he ends his career with a ring in the next couple of years whether he is our starter or backup.

He definatly deserves the opportunity after last year. If we are winning I would not pull him cause of one bad game. Every QB has a bad game.

4. y2b

y2b King of QC

I must have it backwards then

5. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

You do realize the difference in point production between Peete and Weinke was 1 point a game don't you? Name me one game Peete actually won last year. The Defense carried us last year and not Peete.

6. Rumpeltiltspin

Rumpeltiltspin Dixie Normous

I don't know who you thought you were watching. Must not have been CW, cause I was at the game, 11th row, 50 yrd line behind the Panthewr bench, and I never had that thought. CW didn't play AS WELL as the first two games, but he didn't "suck royally" either. Where the fuk did you come up with that?
    The only incompletes he had were balls thrown away cause the reciever's were blanketed and he was pressured, and drops by #7 (who's cut now), and a throw to Seidman at his feet (and he did it on perp IMO, cause he'd have lost yards or gotten INT had the throw been made. Also, there were more run play called during CW's drive after the drives were successfull, then stalled when there were three running plays called in a row, or a damn O-line penalty for holding. Stiil had to hanoff to Brown (who's now cut), and some to Smart. Never got to hand to Davis to keep a drive on 3rd and 2 (and Brown didn't get it). It was like after moving the team well with good play selection like Henning decided on bad play calling which stalled the drives.

IMO, Dellhomme blew the others away in this game. His passes WERE excellent, and his descisions were swift.

I wouldn't be affraid to start Jake, his progression has been excellent in the last 4 games, and he definitely is better than Peete.

PS, Head watch the tapes again as I have and tell me which plays CW actually "sucked". Most all his passes were very good, and let me tell you, none of our recievers were any where close to 'wide open' on any of CW's plays.

7. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Yes. As OC for the Super Bowl winning Gibbs Skins. As QB coach, and then OC for the Jets under Parcells.

8. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

9. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

As a die hard redskin fan during those years, I find it very hard to think that Henning is at fault in schemming this O. Maybe, but I sincerely believe he will open it up if he has a QB that can deliver. Also I am with the posters who say Peete was our best chance last year, however, he is the worst chance this year. As far as Moose is concerned he sucks up to Peete for obvious reasons, To get the ball coming his way. Nothing wrong with that but where was all those great plays last year when a first down was on the line. In my opinion Moose puts himself above the team and only responds well when he has someone on the team that can actually compete for the most balls. Ricky and walter this year. He don't seem to be able to pick the team up when they are struggling.

I say all of this in spite of thje fact that in the past Moose was my favorite player.

10. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

man, Moose gets a lot of hate. He's been the best WR we've had since around 98, he has HUGE years in 99 and 2000, but suddenly, "he's only good with he's got somebody else to compete for most of the balls"

right. he's always been the panther's best WR. Regardless, ALL WR's are better then they have somebody on the other side who can keep him from getting double and triple teamed