1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Holy Overreaction Batman

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Sep 30, 2007.

1. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Then you can post how great the Panthers are, as Kornboy36 .

2. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Just watched the game on Bittorrent. Great for watching frame-by-frame.

A good Safety would not have made more than a marginal difference in this game, IMO. I didn't see the issues with Special Teams, like Collin did, though I didn't see anything more than mediocrity either. I thought the main issue for this team in this game was the front 7. Carr may be able to improve with practice with his WRs. He did make some good decisions to throw the ball away and avoid sacks. His accuracy and timing needs to improve. I thought the O-line did well, as did DeShaun in the 1st half.

MLB Anderson sucks. He never lays a hit, does not seem particular intuitive, and consistently tries to arm tackle which means he consistently misses tackles.

Our DEs are invisible. Peppers is getting handled by a nobody. He looks sick or hurt. I hope to God it is not mental because he looks like he playing at 75-80%. McGlover may not have the same talent or strength, but I liked his competitiveness and hustle when he was in there. Would be nice to see if he could maintain it through fatigue. At the start of the 4th, he did lose outside contain badly by penetrating on a pitch left for a Tampa 1st down.

Richard Marshall blitzes well. With Morgan out, I think Marshall should substitute for Anderson on nickel, rather than Beason; Beason and Davis as the nickel LBs.

The only decent DT we have is Jenkins. He wasn't even in the game on a 3rd and 1 with 8:47 in the 3rd, and the Bucs ran a lead right over Moorehead for the 1st down. Killer. The 4 and 1 goaline stand was nice, but it was also a bad play call by Tampa. They ran a lead right into a slant left by the D-line. A counter or lead to the offensive left would have scored easily.

Why did we not run many deep outs or quick slants against the Cover 2? Is Carr still too new to audible?

I quit watching halfway through the 4th at 20-0.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

A valid contribution from tharan? Is the world ending? And good god, what a miserable bit of brainmush page 3 was. I tend to be possessive about my threads and had I not been consciously avoiding this forum for the last week I undoubtedly would have had an aneurysm just from reading that.

4. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member