1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Holy Overreaction Batman

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Sep 30, 2007.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Diggs would add some veteran ability to the weak side. The problem right now isn't speed or lack of speed, it's consistency.

2. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

not according to Jenks

3. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

... oh and now it's my turn to use this pic

[​IMG]

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

One of the reasons I'm particularly frustrated is that I don't think we can. The preseason felt ominous, but you just kind of hope that it wasn't indicative of regular season performance. Unfortunately it has been. I don't think they can fix this. It's not just a matter of Jake or Morgan being out, it's structural deficiencies that need a roster overhaul to address them.

5. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Yes yes and yes. Its not like those guys blossomed after they left. They both did very well the preseason we cut them. I kept them both on my 53. It could also just indicate our inability to evaluate personnel.

6. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

4-12 and I have NO IDEA what other two we'll win but they won't be at home. Okay, I'll feel better in a few days (I have therapy this week!!) but right now it feels like shit. A fan behind me was asking the Event Staff what he'd have to do to get evacuated and then realized he meant ejected and I said "I believe the team evacuated on the field" :001_9898::94poopbanana-thumb1

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

The way the Panthers are playing a change at defensive coord. should be seriously considered

8. longshot

longshot Full Access Member

Somebody post that list of our UFAs and RFAs this coming offseason. If I remember there were several guys that are currently playing alot on that list. It seems there is an opportunity to make some moves personnel wise.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    it's definitely not just Jake and Morgan, though having two captains out on a team that's having trouble getting their shit straight doesn't help. Jake's offensive production was needed, but I can't hang it all on Carr. There has to be someone to step up, regardless, and if we can't fix it this year, that's disastrous.

10. Hard Harry

Hard Harry Sometimes Functional INTP

I have no idea how you can overlook the return game with a leg like Kasay's at your disposal. If we were getting returns like we did with Bates & Smith, then the offense would only have to move the ball 30 yards to get in FG range. We used to make a living off of that (3 or 4 FGs/game that are punts this year), plus one decent running TD drive and one big play from our star.

Those FGs also let us continue to run the ball, which is an angle that I think gets overlooked anymore.