1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Hey Plavich...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by 49erpi, Jan 17, 2004.

1. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I've always thought Sager was a good player, just slow. Plav is going to jerk the ball up every time he moves around the horn. Count on it.

The condo Plavich built after the Syracuse game has been condemned. Not to worry... he's building a lot of rooms on the doghouse out back.

2. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

I think this is what disturbs me more than anything. I thought that our guys would come out after halftime fired up and ready. They did not. They looked lethargic as hell, almost like they had cashed it in. Not good. Not good at all.

3. Over40NINER

Over40NINER Full Access Member

Plavich has had that damn green light for way too long. That light needs to change to yellow. Being "open" from 35 feet does not mean he has a good shot.

I wonder if Demon would have been more productive with Sager in the game.

4. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

You know, it isn't just the fact the Plav throws up a lot of threes. So does Demon. Demon's just don't tend to be as detrimental as Plavs do. Not only that, but Demon has cut back on the 3s in transition and doesn't shoot many early in the shot clock.

Plav just bothers me because when I see him in the game, he does things that HURT us very badly. I keep hearing the defense that he is well covered, then he should get about 6 assists a game to open up the offense. He wants to be a PG, he should be able to pass.

Lutz needs to take him out of the game when he's throwing up shots that are that far out.

5. barry49s

Or put the ball on the floor. Plav and Demon are being guarded at least 30 feet from the basket. Anyone who plays D-1 PG or SG should be able to get around this type of pressure. Then they can pass to an open teammate or take the ball to the rack.

That goes back to the team captain thing. For Coach to bench his boy would be an admission wrongness. Coach has an ego just like everyone else. Remember Nashty ball? :anon:

6. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

I agree about Demon. He took a lot a critisim for his shot selection last year and this year his 3 pointers seem to be more in the flow of the offense. He only takes deep 3's late in the shot clock and never pulls up in transition anymore. I think shot selection and patience have made him a much better offensive player this year.

7. TheGraduate

TheGraduate Full Access Member

I could be completely wrong here, but aren't captains voted on by the team?

8. sigepmike

sigepmike Full Access Member

I hope Iti didn't think Memphis was rough. We have our worst frontcourt in over a decade...maybe 20 or 30 years. You're right...Cincy will eat him alive if he thought Saturday was bad.

9. barry49s

I'm pretty sure I remember Lutz naming Plav captain. I remember questioning it on the Nazi board.

Maybe Coach named one and the team voted on another.

Think about it, no way the team votes some transfer captain before he ever wears a Niner uniform.

10. barry49s

He was pushed around the whole game. I think he had 1 rebound.