1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Here it is!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Sackem90, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

Did anybody catch NFLTA at 2 pm? Rich Eisen said that we were the only team in the league to have their 1st 2 games at home. There were some interesting trivia-type tidbits. I didn't see all of the show, but if you can, try to catch the replay at 7 pm and at the other times thruout the night and/or tomorrow morning.

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I have some of those concerns too. If Foster or Davis can stay healthy all year or we can add a quality back in the draft who will stay healthy then I feel like we will be strong. If we are forced to start Goings and Hoover and street free agents again then we are in trouble.

3. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

Boys and Girls.This is going to be a come back year for the panthers.They will win 11game make the playoff and make it to Superbowl.And this time win the Superbowl :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

4. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

i'll be happy if we can get 4 wins. we continue to own tb, 2 wins, and we finally shake the damn ron mexico monkey off our backs, 2 wins. everything else would just be bonus.

5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I see your ignorance isn't confined to baseball.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

#1) Keep our personal squabbles confined to one thread.

#2) If you're going to insult my opinion, at least explain why I'm wrong. By all means, tell me how Losman will be an upgrade over Bledsoe, and why they won't miss Pat Williams or Jonas Jennings. My guess is that you don't even know who those players are, much less that Buffalo lost them, you just wanted to salve your wounded pride by attacking me in a new place.

7. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

By all means, tell me how Losman will be an upgrade over Bledsoe

by all means, tell us how he wont be an upgrade

8. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I think Losman is a little overrated too, but that doesn't mean he won't be better than Bledsoe

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

#1) QBs in their first season of starting almost always struggle enormously. For all the talk, Bledsoe's numbers weren't that bad.

#2) Losman was known as a project even when he entered the draft. Most analyses said he'd need two or three years of work before a team should consider making him a starter.

#3) Losman's mechanics are a mess. He has arm strength and athletic ability, but no accuracy and no demonstrable ability to read defenses.

I don't remember what Magnus thought of Losman, but I believe most of us agreed that he was very likely to bust. Nothing I've seen so far has changed my mind, and even if he will eventually be decent, there's almost no chance that he'll be good in his first season as a starter. Seriously, Kelly Holcomb would be a much better choice for a team that might otherwise contend for a playoff spot.

10. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

the response was in reference to the Bledsoe-Losman comment dumbass. they will miss Jennings and Williams, although if they can get L.J. Shelton, the O-line won't miss him that much.

Donahoe's a smart guy. He wouldn't let Williams go if he didn't think he could plug in a adequate replacement. Look at what happened with Antoine Winfield. When he left for Minnesota, I'm sure there were countless "geniuses," like yourself, moaning and groaning that the Bills couldn't possibly recover. Terrence McGee comes in, makes 92 tackles, a couple sacks, three INTs.

But hey, that's why Tom Donahoe has a GM job in the NFL and fucktard wannabes like you don't.

back to Bledsoe. The Bills were what they were last year -- a very good team that nearly made the playoffs after a diastrous start -- because of their defense. It had little to do with the QB position. Bledsoe's poot play got them in the hole at the season's beginning, and he played like shit when it mattered most in the finale against Pittsburgh.

I'll give Losman, who for all intents and purposes, is still a rookie, the benefit of the doubt. He may struggle. He may play well, especially if he's given a safe game plan like Roethlisberger got in Pittsburgh.

So tell me, how do you base your assessment of Losman. You using the same crystal ball you used to project Albert Pujols' baseball career?

Why don't you move along to the hockey forum and impart more of your incredible wisdom. jackass.