1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

he ACC Silver Anniversary Team...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by gutter, Jan 23, 2004.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Duncan is a tough guy to leave off, but Sampson was THREE TIME Player of the Year, NATIONALLY.

Laettner was a forward, but technically he did guard centers. He shut down Shaq, and him and Zo had a couple of good battles.

Can't argue with Laettner unless you are a moron. Two NCs speak for themselves.

Mark Price is a good pick, but maybe not the best. They said he was the ONLY freshman to lead the conference in scoring, and a 2 time AA.

Kenny Anderson, and every other sub 3 year player needs to take their ball and go home. That shit might fly in a weak conference, but the ACC has too many GREAT players to let in 2 years and done types.

If you think you can name 10 better ACC point guards than Mark Price, it's obvious you never saw him play. He led Tech to number 1 in the nation with Salley.

I personally would have put Hurley on there for the above reasons (but I'm biased), and I couldn't argue Johnny Dawkins, Jason Williams, Chris Corchiani, or Randolph Childress. Anyone else would be a tough sell.

One thing I liked about the list is that all the players were from different schools. Good to see the love spread around.

BTW, Hurley MIGHT have been hurt by JD and J-Will, splitting the Duke vote at PG pretty thin.

2. Tommy_Perkins

Tommy_Perkins Full Access Member

3. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

I did see Mark Price play and I don't recall ever seeing him play in a final four. The list is about personal achievement, but also how well your team did. Sampson never made it, but you can't argue with three time national player.

LaeTTner played center. He guarded the center of other teams becasue he was a fucking center for dook. Somehow dook knew they would announce a silver anniversary team years later and listed him as a forward so he wouldn't have to compete with Sampson.

But all that aside, I'll take UNC's second string against any other conference's team from what I've seen. Waymon Tisdale? Steve Alford? Stepanovich? Funny. :wink2:

4. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

It truly is amazing how deep the ACC has been in talent over the years. Things like this just bring it to light that much more.

5. inhiding

inhiding Junior Member

G - Jason Williams
    G - Michael Jordan
    C - Tim Duncan
    F - James Worthy
    F - Christian Laettner

6. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Well, that just shows your ignorance! Just because you guard a center doesn't make you a center! Let's see last week Okafor was guarding Williams from UNC does that make Okafor a forward? I guess so by your standards! You have to match up with who is on the floor. UNC people are so ignorant! Also makes you feel really big to use those big cuss words also huh? How mature!

7. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

Fuck off before I give you a beat down.

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I can name about 10 ACC point guards from th elast 25 years who could take Hurley 1 on 1.

As a matter of fact, as far as I can remember, Hurley only had one decent game against the ACC point guards of his day (Rice, Corchianni, Crotty, Anderson).

I also don't think they won an ACC championship - could be wrong on that thogh.

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

:D

10. ezy ryder

ezy ryder =o&o>

What does 1 on 1 have to do with being a great point guard?