1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Hawk Richardson

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by madmike, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

LOL.
    I'm no fan of J.R., but I am sure there are plenty of defensive linemen and linebackers who would have the same sentiment towards a QB talking about player safety, given that nowadays you they so much as look at a QB wrong and its a foul.

2. weavervegas

weavervegas Nobody

So are you saying the media (fox.ABC/CBS/NBC) and the NFL are teaming up to break the NFLPA?

3. Skidmark

Skidmark Full Access Member

How many times, throughout history, have men destroyed the very thing they fight for?

Do any of you remember the book, Lord of the Flies? It is about a bunch of school boys who crash on a desert island. Eventually, they lose sight of the common good and start attacking one another. Two groups form, one intent on clinging to the "rules" and the other only interested in power and Darwinistic control. They end up burning down the island.
    --------------------------

JR is off the deep end. The owners have the leverage, so why lose public support? D. Smith had been labeled the lunatic by some, but JR took it from him. Manning is an icon. Even if JR was right, it was STOOOPID to demean him--assuming this is the way it actually happened. This story was leaked by a player, don't forget.

4. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

After that disaster of a press conference I'm not surprised at anything that pops out of Richardson's mouth. I wonder if the other owners realize he's gone around the bend?

5. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

That's funny as that is exactly what Mark Richardson told his brother this past Christmas at the family gathering, "I think the old man has gone around the bend, might not be coming back"

6. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

Yeah, it was leaked by a reliable source/player--Jay Feeley WHO WASN'T EVEN IN THE ROOM when JR was speaking! :death: It was a "This is what I heard happened from somebody else". It's hearsay and that doesn't even stand up in a court of law. This really doesn't help the players side, either, with this hearsay.

7. Dbag21

Dbag21 Full Access Member

no I am not but all of those, abc as espn and the rest have multi billion dollar deals with the NFL that they are not about to breach.

I know you hate large corporations but there is a better chance of you voting for Sara Palin than the NFLPA even trying a start up league.

In fact popular thought is that the union will decertife(sp) to sue the owners.

8. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

No team benefits more from a 2011 cancellation of play than Carolina. The team would end up with Fairley/Bowers/Peterson and Luck. It would also give a new staff an additional year to get adjusted to their new setting, and--sadly--a year off would further distance the current administration from the foul odor of 2010. At this point, I'm content sitting back, checking out the college game for a year, and seeing the NFL crawl back in 2012. Smith and Goodell are a horrible, volatile tandem, and there are so many moving parts to this dilemma, it will probably take a year to resolve it. Say what you will about JR--he's an asshole, and is probably amplifying his surly attitude by design. He's not a moron, and I don't quite think he's lost all his marbles yet.

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Dammit, I hadn't read that yet.

10. sec551

sec551 more pissed off than ever

Frankly, if JR really did put Prima Donna Peyton in his place, it raises my respect for JR exponentially. WTF does passing skill have to do with reading a revenue chart anyway? Besides, the arrogant Manning family already demonstrated their beilef that they, collectively, are "bigger than the game" with their manipulative interference in the Eli draft situation. Screw 'em all.

As for a "startup" league: if McMahon with his billions couldn't make a go of the XFL, how could anybody expect to start another football league? I actually enjoyed the XFL, with its rosters full of B-list NFL'ers (including a lot of Panthers from the early years), but it didn't come even close to staying afloat.