1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Has T. Brady turned into a Diva?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Sackem90, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

From what I gather from this article, Brady has turned into somewhat of a Diva regarding his Super Bowl car. Has the two SB wins turned him into an ass? Hmm.

Thursday, July 1, 2004

By Darren Rovell
    ESPN.com

Tom Brady's new car has arrived, though it's not clear if he'll ever get behind the wheel.

As the Super Bowl XXXVIII MVP, the New England Patriots quarterback was awarded the right to select a Cadillac model as part of the General Motors' brand official vehicle sponsorship of the Super Bowl.

When Tom Brady said he'd rather have an XLR Roadster, GM met his request.

On Thursday, a Cadillac official confirmed that the car had been delivered to a dealership in Massachusetts and that the reason for the delay was a combination of car scarcity and Brady changing his mind about the model he wanted.

Brady, who as Super Bowl MVP in 2002 received his Cadillac Escalade within weeks of leading the Patriots to victory over the St. Louis Rams, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Tuesday that he was upset that he had not yet received his order for this year's car.

"I'm not driving [the] car, that's for sure," Brady said. "It's the damndest thing I ever heard. It's ridiculous."

At a news conference in Houston the day after the Super Bowl, Brady signed an oversized order form for his new car: a Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum with 20-inch rims. But the car, which has a retail value of $69,900, wasn't in production yet, so Cadillac officials said they informed Brady's agent, Steve Dubin, that the car would take longer to roll out.

However, in late April, Dubin called a GM executive and requested the order be changed to an XLR Roadster, according to Cadillac spokesman Jeff Kuhlman.

"We only made about 5,000 of those cars and all of them were sold already," Kuhlman said. "So to come through on our promise, we put another one in production for Tom."

Kuhlman said that given Brady's change of heart, the car, which has a retail value of $76,200, arrived at the dealer this week in fairly rapid fashion.

"We're disappointed Tom is upset," Kuhlman said. "Until now, we've had a good relationship with him and we hope he's happy with his car."

Dubin declined to comment on the details of the story.

Darren Rovell, who covers sports business for ESPN.com

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

boo hoo sissy boy punk mother fucker, I've never liked him

3. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I imagine with a fat contract and 2 Super Bowl rings, he can do or say whatever he wants.

5. The Proprietor

The Proprietor Owner/Operator

You people can keep this town!!!!!

6. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

Anyone with any kind of familiararity with GM and the process of building a car would be impressed that GM was A: Willing to build "one more" and B: that they did as quick as they did. He is being an Ass about this and I am sick of the sports talk guys talking shit about GM being so late with delivery without including the fact that Tom is being and Ass about it. As far as I am concerned he can kiss it.

:teeth:

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Including buy the roadster and wait for his other custom made Cadillac? Yeah.

Which is what one would naturally do, unless they wanted to be an ass about it.

8. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

I guess that I should've added that we won't see Jake acting like this when we win the SB next year and he gets a Caddy for his efforts. (The power of positive thinking!! :xyzthumbs :D)

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

He's just being frugal.:D

10. Deamoncat

Deamoncat Junior Member

Still thats an asshole way of putting things, f*cking agent pumping this thing up, and he's the one that changed his mind, the co*ksucker.