1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HAPPY HOMECOMING 49ERS!!

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by UABHeckler, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Austinniner

Austinniner somethingorother

Demon's thumb was hurt wasn't it? May have been enough to alter his shot. I don't think Plav had an excuse. He needs to lose that funk in a hurry.

2. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

You've got to remember, Basden always draws their top guy on D. You expend that much energy on that end chasing Finley or whomever, it takes away a little from other things.

3. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

I'd say what hurts him the most is coming down on the offensive end and not having a chance to score. He seems to be, at best, the 4th scoring option on the floor at any given time.

Let him get 10-15 shots one game and we'll see what he can do. Sadly, that means PLav can't shoot 25 long bombs.

4. hootie

hootie Full Access Member

Not defending Plavich because he sucked Sat and pretty much the last few, but he shot 6 times not 25. If you think Basden shooting the ball 15 times is going to make this team win, you are certainly entitled to that opinion, but I just don't see it. If he shoots 15 times, 8 better be put backs.

5. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

I don't understand what you think Eddie can to with 15 shots. He has no jump shot and cannot score with his back to the basket. His points mostly come off putbacks with some in transition and at the line. He will drive to the basket on occassion but does not finish very well.

Basden is not a guy go try to get looks for. He is a grinder that will pick up garbage points along the way. When he is taking jump shots, something has gone wrong in our half court offense.

6. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

You're right, I don't want to see him shoot 15 jump shots. I want to see 10-15 plays designed to free him up to drive the lane and put up easy buckets. Anytime they go to the man to man d, we should be trying to attack the basket with Demon, Eddie, Curtis or Mitch.

We don't attack the basket at all. And it's because we don't free up the lanes enough for our guys to drive. Perhaps we should just have 10-15 plays in general for guys to slash to the hoop, spread out over those four guys. There is more to balance than just the 3-pt shot. We seem to have fallen into Curtis Withers/3-pt shot offense. We need to get mid-range jumpers and guys that can attack the rim. Right now, we have 5 (if you can count butter) guys who can do it, and not a one of them gets a chance to. If someone on our team tries to, the rest of the team just stands there and watches.

7. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

Holy shit folks, we agree on something. Write it down. :jawomg:

8. Austinniner

Austinniner somethingorother

I think PI nailed that one. I think Eddie is a GREAT player, but definitely not an offensive option.