1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Godfrey, 67 pick

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Apr 27, 2008.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    so Holt is a backup SS?

Not that I'm totally against that, but he's a better player than Salley or Teal.

2. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Actually, Im not overly concerned with our run D. I think we'll be solid. Our pass D is going to be worse than before.

3. Carrboro Panther

Carrboro Panther Full Access Member

How is it going to be worse than before when Deke Cooper is no longer on the team? We've got another linebacker whether it's Conner or Johnson and we have addressed some needs on the D-line ie. Brayton and the DT that we drafted. We can't be any worse than the crap that took the field last year.

4. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Doesnt seem possible, but I believe we'll it will.

We lost Jenkins, who' no matter what our fickle fans may say about him, was by FAR our best lineman last year...by a fucking MILE...and Rucker retired. Rucker was a day late and a dollar short all the time sackwise, but he got close enoughb to the QB tons. He rushed the passer. Johnson was terrible, McClover for some reason cant translate practice success onto the field, and Brayton is a run guy, who might suck.

Its just unfair to ask our secondary to hold up with no rush.

WHo knows, maybe Peppers can come alive again, and it'll make the line better. But as it stands, our DL looks horrible.

Lewis and Kemoeatu? Are you kidding me? And we lost Moorehead, who gave us more pass rush than both our starters. Yeah...we're a far worse DL than we were last year, unless Peppers becomes a monster, and I just dont think he gives a shit anymore.

5. Piper

Piper phishin member

Jenks was our best d-lineman last year. And that was a big problem, cause he wasn't anywhere near 02-03 weighing 4 bills.

There's at least a plan at DE. It was known when we drafted him that CJ came out early and needed to hit the weights. We are counting on him or McClover making an impact. Hopefully he does. If not, ah hell. Once Harvey went there were no impact options.

You need those third rounders to come up big. If they don't, it hurts you badly.

6. NewFaceOfFailure

NewFaceOfFailure SLOOTS!!!

On the panthers Website He's listed as a saftey. :fan_wave2:Good draft.

7. Piper

Piper phishin member

Well, since we listed his as a safety and not waterboy, I guess we don't have to worry about that position anymore.