1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Go Lakers!

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Captain Morgan, May 21, 2004.

1. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

:xyzthumbs

I couldn't care less about NBA basketball. It used to be pretty entertaining up to the mid 90's but now it's nothing but a bunch of rich high schoolers, thugs, and whiners.

Not much to watch in the summer - too much baseball, and I can only get into racing every once in a while. I'm ready for football - college and pro.

Maybe I might watch a little of a game or 2 just to see if I recognize any of the Pistons.

2. Piper

Piper phishin member

The over/under for game 1 is 171. Bet enough, and you'll stay up.

Its funny. Since I'm contracting in So Cal for a few months, the Lakers and the NBA are like Gods here. I've been to some fanatical sports towns, but not like this. I think part of the reason they've had such trouble with football is the town demands not only a winner, but champions with flash, or they don't care.

Its quite a strong fan base, and a fanatical one. Its actually frightening how they've villified that girl in the Kobe case. If she's lying, then she's done something terrible and deserves some of it, but theyv'e been extremely harsh. The LA media has been a free mouthpiece for the defense team.

As for the series, I don't give the Pistons much chance, but I'll be rooting for them. For the record, the original bad boys are my all time favorite team. This team is somewhat similar, a defensive team that gets points from their backcourt and offensive rebounding. But the NBA doesn't let you do what they let the old Pistons do anymore.

Hamilton and Billups will have to play well, and so will the Prince. Price could give Kobe some problems, he's so long and quick. No sense wasting him on George, let Rip take him.

Of course, they don't really have an answer for Shaq but a load of bodies and fouls. They have a couple of 7ftrs, but none that start. And you hate to put Rasheed on Shaq and limit his minutes. Even though he's just 6'9, I have to wonder what kind of job Ben Wallace could do with his strength and agility.

3. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

:) You are right about that.

Quick side note: I used to bet the NBA too, but it's long and grueling and downright dangerous to your pocketbook if you want to do it every day. So I quit. Too much stress and I don't like pissing away $$$.

But I started paying attention to the lines again when the playoffs started and I am just amazed at the totals I've seen. 160's? WTF? And the game STILL GOES UNDER? WTF AGAIN?? When I was playing the NBA on a regular basis you would only find totals numbers in the 160's if it was the old, nasty Knicks/Heat series. And they were pretty rare. Now the entire playoffs are played like that.