1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

get used to Pat White

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by sharkbark, Mar 12, 2009.

1. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

that football coach wants you to shut your mouth.

2. Hoopsradio

Hoopsradio Larynx to the high bidder

If you're going to start a rumor, try and make it a good one. Gonna give you another chance. Try not to blow it next time. Defensive WVU fans!!!

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    he's a prospect you want on your team, definitely. There's about 300 of those right now. There are a number of guys who are first round "rated" that I don't want at our pick, and if they made it two rounds lower (like Dan Connor), you're very glad to have them. I doubt he makes it to the late 3rd, and we have much, much bigger needs. He's not an exception to my thought that we really need guys over 250 with our first three picks (a cornerback is, and he's not one).

He has some speed, elusiveness, athleticism. A lot of guys with that mix and ability succeed in this league regardless of convention. I don't think he has interest in fielding punts, or running them down, and if you're expecting him to develop into a QB it's tough to ask him to do that also (and physically and mentally, he's fairly mature). I'd expect any team that tries to force him into both spots isn't serious about him being a QB. Right now, he is.

I don't really see us going to the spread with a runner in the shotgun anytime soon, or anyone doing that. It's still a dropback-pocket passing league.
    Does White fit in that?
    Does Tebow fit in that same conversation?

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

See this is why the franchise has a rep for being too conservative and having "wine and cheese" fans.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

it's a reasonable and most likely thought, though.
    And not wasting a top 60 pick on a guy who has only a fair chance of helping you out is worth whatever stigma it brings. You do what you believe is right.

6. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

You people keep forgetting that Fox has said in the past he doesn't like drafting qbs. He likes to let somebody else draft them, "train" them, and then when they don't get out on the field they leave for free agency and we pick them up.

7. 45catfan

45catfan Wheat Beer Connoisseur

Yup, we'll never draft a starting QB. Back-ups, yes, we've done that on occassion, but those of you holding out on the prospects of the front office drafting Delhomme's replacement are a bit delusional. Right now McCown is Delhomme's heir-apparent and unless we dump him for someone else, he's the future.

I'm still baffled about what the hell is going happen with our DL given no first rounder and the need for 2-3 starting calibre players there.

8. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

Attached Files:

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

this is the real question, not whether we'll draft a short, skinny, running QB.

Not that White isn't worth talking about.

But it's unlikely, and he won't be rushing the passer.

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

[Hoculi] "Personal foul, 20mm canon fire. Number 5, offense. 15 yards from the spot of the foul. The play is being reviewed." [/Hoculi]