1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Georgia

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by sockittome16, Sep 4, 2005.

1. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

We looked absolutely incredible today. D.J. Shockley exceeded all my expectations and Massaquoi from Independence even got in the game and made two nasty grabs. If we play like that the rest of the season there is no way that anyone will beat us. Looks like us and Tennessee should switch places in the polls

2. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

GT beat Auburn!

GO TO HELL GEORGIA GO TO HELL!

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Georgia's a machine. Did look better than UT yesterday, but when UT gets its QB situation under control, they'll still have earned their top 5 rank, assuming they don't fall by the time it's settled.

4. sockittome16

I hope we jump Louisville. I'm sure we won't since they want but they looked like garbage against a team that isn't even suppose to win a game in the SEC (Kentucky) and doesn't even have all their scholarships for football back yet. They don't play a ranked team this whole year. We are gonna have to play at least 3 and up to as many as 6 based on what happens. Shockley for Heisman.

5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

Georgia does not want any of Reggie Ball, Calvin Johnson or P.J. Daniels! Not to mention Jamal Lewis. The puppies are going down. :woot:

6. sockittome16

Georgia Tech is a decent program but Auburn is in a down year. You'll see as the year goes on that that win is not as big as you think it is. If Auburn were in the SEC East they would finish 4th out of 6. and Georgia Tech at best this year goes 8-4, which is a good season for them. If Georgia goes 8-4 it is a very dissapointing year. For every All-American on GT, there are 2 on Georgia at least. Besides, Reggie Ball hasn't been able to beat the dogs yet, and he sucked on Saturday. The defense did well and that's what saved GT. Did Ball even complete 50% of his passes?

7. DJ_Tet

A decent program. Leave it to a Georgia fan to downgrade 5 national titles.

When's the last time your "top tier" program won an NC?

Such arrogance for such mediocrity, it's hilarious. Good win though against Boise St at home...

8. sockittome16

First of all, Tech only has 4 National Championships. '17, '28,'52, '90. 1980 is the last time we won a National Championship with Herschel Walker. I'm talking about over the past couple of years they've had a decent program. Not since 1950. UGA has owned Tech lately, especially all the ones that are playing on the field for Tech right now. I will admit that over the past two years UGA hasn't played up to their potential but still managed to finish in the top 10 each of the past three years. I think this UGA team might have less talent, but I think they will play with more heart this year. I was expecting a relatively close game against Boise, but if we keep playing like that then we will beat everyone. I still think we will lose to Florida, but I have 60 bucks on us beating Tennessee in Neyland. As for Tech, I think they're improved and should have a good season.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  9. DJ_Tet

They are only improved if Reggie Ball gets his head out of his ass.

You seem to be a level-headed GA fan, but yeah, they are the Texas equivalent of the SEC. As many athletes as you guys send to the pros every year, it blows my mind how you guys seem to lose 2-3 games every year. Of course, the ACC ain't no SEC, and GT loses to teams like Sienna or some other scrub early in the year. Hope they don't it this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Calvin Johnson is the stuff though. Anyone who saw him against NC State in three consecutive plays last year would agree. Here's hoping our matchup this year means more than a mid-level bowl game.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Georgia looked very strong, but let's not overestimate Boise State. I know they won a ton of games the last couple of years, but they hadn't really played anyone yet. A lot changes between the first week of the season and the last, and I still think they'll have problems with Florida. I don't see anyone in the SEC being a national championship contender this year.

DJ_Tet:
    The ACC is better.