1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Georgia

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by sockittome16, Jul 5, 2005.

1. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Watch out for us this year. I think we could possibly do what Auburn did this past year. They were expected to be in the national championship game 2 years ago, much like Georgia was last year, and when everyone wrote them off they went undefeated. Our running game has 3 sophomore backs who could be tops in the conference, and Shockley will be a lot like Woody Dantzler was for Clemson, except that Georgia is a better team for Shockley to QB than that Clemson team was. The running game is so gross that we have been running the Wing T in practice and the red-black game. We'll find out if we are for real. first two games are against two ranked teams (Boise State and South Carolina). Both will be huge home games. Boise State scares me, but I think we will beat them. This year all depends on how well Shockley can throw the ball. We play more ranked teams in the first two weeks than USC plays the entire year. What a joke.

2. dragbunt

dragbunt Full Access Member

I agree the Bulldogs will be tough again. The running game is very strong. However, you just can't replace Pollack on D and the timely passing of D. Greene #14.

3. Nytdreamer

Nytdreamer Ex-pizza Slut

Georgia always seems to have a pretty good team to contend with, I look forward to watching them play my Razorbacks again this year

4. Crimsongator

Crimsongator 17 NCs

I think we could possibly do what Auburn did this past year. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh man my sides hurts!!!!!!!

Who in the hell wants to come in third place? Man, I can never see the bulldogs wishing for something like that. As a BAMA fan I hate the bulldogs - but I would never wish anuthing on them like that - now if they were tennessee I might wish them even worse - but not georgia - ya'll play a good game no matter what.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

UGA's defense is the question.......

college football rocks! :trophy:

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Lots of losses. Obviously, the first new QB in four full years; two receivers, too. Their three defensive playmakers in Davis, Pollack, and Thurman.

Seems like everyone's in love with Max Jean-Gilles, a preseason favorite for the top drafted guard next year. I also like Russ Tanner at center, another senior who'll be at the top of his position. Tackles aren't stellar, but effective; just no pro prospects there.

Thomas Brown as a sophomore might be on the cusp of being a star; 800 yards as a freshman. The problem is, he got a lot of time because of injuries, and still has to battle fellow 2nd year back Danny Ware for carries.

DJ Shockley should be an interesting starter, a bit erratic but finally getting his chance this year as a Sr.; he'll probably find Leonard Pope his favorite target since the receivers will be inexperienced; the best returning WR has 21 catches.

I really dig Greg Blue, who's supposed to move over to FS this year; they have an experienced secondary which needs to hold steady while they find some pass rush. They should be pretty good against the run, and good enough against the pass.

Looking at the UGA recruitment sheets, and it seems like they recruit NC harder than anywhere but GA itself. Tandem from Independence WR Mohamed Massaquoi and QB Joe Cox should be intersting down the road,

7. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

We also have Tony Taylor coming back from tearing his ACL during last year's red and black game. He was a starter two years ago and will replace Odell Thurman and not even skip a beat. He is that good. And it's not Auburn's fault that they got ripped off in the national polls. They did as good as you can possibly do in the best conference last year. I'll take an undefeated year no matter what. The only game I don't see us winning is the Florida game (I personally think they will beat us down) but I have a good feeling about Tennessee, Boise State, South Carolina, and Arkansas. Sean Bailey will also be Shockley's go to guy at wideout along with Pope at Tight End. Mark it down, Sean Bailey will be a top 10 receiver in the SEC this year. The only reason he won't be higher is because we will run so much. Also, watch for Massaquoi in that young receiving core. Bryan McClendon should start on the other side of Bailey, and will be good. He just hasn't played because of Fred Gibson and Reggie Brown.