1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Gantt, spot on

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by ant2125, Sep 19, 2007.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

and when they lose to a team with inferior talent and coaching, why is that?

granted being able to stay cool under pressure is a good thing. being so cool that you can't summon up some fight isn't.

do you think the 12th man has any effect on players. if every fan in the stands were to sit on their hands and be negative analytical asses the whole game every game do you think it would hurt a team in comparison to a team that has its seats filled with loud, passionate fans every game? do not players often feed off the crowd? and if so, exactly what does that mean? their talent level suddenly spikes upward? they suddenly start executing with more precision?

why is it that some rabid panther fan calls out S. Rice on the stadium speakers and then Rice sacks Jake the next two plays when he had been virtually invisible before. did his talent suddenly improve? did he suddenly remember how to execute his assignments? isn't it possible his passion heated up?

have you ever played the game? if so, who were the best players? were they always the one's with the most talent or the one's that never made mistakes? weren't they often those little overly competitive shits that played like they thought they were supermen? and weren't some of the better talents guys that were the first to make excuses and turn tail and run when things got tuff? not that i would expect you to have had a clue.

yes it takes talent in the NFL and it takes execution. but it also takes a passion for the game and the willingness to fight your guts out. and i think you can simply point to Colbert as a guy who prepares all week, probably works his ass off in the offseason and has enough talent. and yet he sucks. because he doesn't execute? well yes. and why is that? obviously he is able to execute in practice, so why not in games. my thinking is he is a gutless kid with no fire in his belly. maybe he has a passion for a NFL paycheck or putting on a NFL uniform but he obviously does not have a passion for the game.

now, no one is saying that the lack of passion alone is the cause of all our troubles or suddenly finding some passion will fix all our ills. i think the problem lays in the defensive scheme and a lack of talent more than anything. but i also think passion is missing and it's an important part of the puzzle and it easier to fix once the season gets rolling than lack of talent and the schemes.

our talent and our schemes were probably inferior the year we went to the SB. but there was a passion on the field and in the stands that isn't there now. those guys were hungry to become winners and prove to Fox that they were tuff. these guys seem to be satisfied with winning when its easy and laying down when its not and collecting their fat paychecks.

2. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

omg. you can't really believe that horseshit. Fox preached enthusiasm cause the team lacked it at the time and he felt it important for the team to have success. plain and fucking simple.

JR benched weinke?

you can have enthusiasm without being a raving, uncontrolled mess. i would never accuse Fox of not having enthusiasm for this game. the man is the engine that drove us to the SB and will hopefully get this trainwreck back on the track this year.

at the time, Fox was trying to turn us from fucking loser to winners. part of his formula was to get rid of many gutless players as he could and quick as he could and get some guys that played with a little enthusiam for the game. if he was selling anything it was confidence to the players and hope to fans he could turn this around.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Sometimes execution and sometimes just luck. Things don't always go your way, and there's a reason that even great teams don't go 16-0. It has nothing to do with enthusiasm.
    Again, once you can start pointing me to plays where Panthers players are just being lazy on the field, then you can complain about their passion. Until then you're just the same old ranting moron.
    I don't think it has that much of an effect, no, and if it did then we'd need to levy blame at the BoA crowd.
    It is a measure of your own stupidity that you think he only got those sacks because a fan in the stands pissed him off. Do you understand that fans who believe in that are laughed at by the ones who know better? It's ridiculous and makes you look like a moron. Why didn't Rice keep sacking Jake? Would he have gotten another two sacks if another fan had said something?
    You keep missing this point, but you are the joke here, HeadCase. You are the one who is laughed at. You are the one who is not wanted because you're a bitter ass who constantly complains, but never has anything useful to add to balance out the annoyance of having you around.
    And you think that because you are a know-nothing idiot.
    If this team had given up, you wouldn't see them displaying effort on the field. When teams lack passion, they don't pursue plays, they don't fight through blocks, and they don't keep trying when things go badly. Even up until the end against Houston, the players kept trying. They do not lack passion, and only idiots would think that not yelling or acting like wrestlers on the field means that they do not have passion.
    My problem is that you are so mind-numbingly stupid that it's difficult to imagine a way to make you understand basic points. At some level, your brain is just incapable of processing the information, which is why you're stupid in the first place. Reason doesn't work on you because your mind is incapable of understanding it. It's like trying to teach the retarded. I'm sure there are some methods, but I don't know them.

4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

It's all good, HC. Everything's going to be just fine.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    well, it's a shame Fox doesn't want those things anymore, right? :fryingpan:

Seriously, yes, I believe "that horse shit". JR preached enthusiasm and Fox preached enthusiasm. So what?

no.
    The idea, however, was that we were building on Weinke. We're going to build an offense around him, and we're going to take something other than a QB "because he's as good as Harrington." And we ended up not doing that. But you sell, in January when you don't even have a coach yet, whatever the fuck you can sell.

6. Cattrax

Cattrax Senior Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LarryD [​IMG]
    so, who are the go-to guys on defense?

7. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

I would guess Morgan or Rucker.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    my guess - Rucker

9. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

I think the players have plent of "on field" enthusiasm, I'd question whether losing bothered them or if the "it is what it is" montra had krept into that aspect.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

I can't think of any NFL team that cries after losses or destroys locker rooms.