1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

fsu vs. unc

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by LarryD, Mar 13, 2009.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

My buddy recorded the game on DirecTV. I'm with Time Warner sorry. I'll check with him and see if he had any issues. Last night he reported the same issues I did (a rolling on the screen even during commercials.) I'm assuming his picture was as bad as mine was in the first half of the UNC game. The last ten min of the game or so were fine, and the first 10 min of the Duke game have been solid in HD too. I'm hoping the issues are over.

2. DJ_Tet

Actually that was when the issues started. After then the game would intermittedly switch between standard def and HD, each time losing 5 seconds of game time (the delay I'm assuming.) So basically, you'd be watching in HD, and all of a sudden it would downgrade to SD and skip ahead, basically making you miss shots etc. It was very distracting, but like I said it looks like everything is sorted out.

edit: The announcers mentioned problems with the picture, that's why I assumed it was a Raycom problem. In retrospect they likely were talking about the outage you reported and not the SD/HD problems. Since they both happened at the same time I assumed they were related but perhaps they weren't. I'll see from my buddy if DirecTV had the same problems.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  3. UncOverDukeEasy

UncOverDukeEasy Full Access Member

And he was healthy.

4. UncOverDukeEasy

Completely agree. Ty - heal up! To have a chance to get to the final four or further, we need a healthy Ty Lawson.

5. DJ_Tet

Why did he play last week if he is hurt this badly? Did he take a shot to play in his last game against Duke? If the boot was on the other team I'd be upset at that decision. This weekend doesn't matter obviously (well it does but it's not what UNC/Duke plays for) but if he is missing next weekend or the weekend after it could be costly to UNC's season. I know some State fans etc always say I'd go 2-14 if it meant 2 wins against UNC but I'll take a Final Four over a victory against UNC any year.

6. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

good effort by the noles. heels without lawson are not the same. if he is hurt badly enough to be held out then so be it. but something deep down inside me says that Roy doesnt put much stock in the ACC tournament....hell he even said it before. so losing at this stage doesnt bother him as much as it does us fans. i cant blame him in a way. so i watched with less anticipation than i normally would. i still wanted them to win.

fsu had some kids step up and thats what yiou need this time of year. unc had a couple do the same but others fell off. i hope fsu wins it and maryland makes the dance with a strong ACC tournament showing.

7. UncOverDukeEasy

Yeah, he was injected before the dook game, and the severity wasn't certain. After a week the swelling hasn't gone down, so keeping him out this weekend (with nothing to be gained, really) was the right decision.
    If State fans really feel that way, that shows why their program is in the toilet like it is.

Edit: And yeah, Roy puts no stock in the ACC tournament. Most fans feel differently, but since it doesn't affect seeding for the NCAA tournament this year, we should probably just trust ole Roy.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  8. python

python It Happens

Goes back to my point about Lawson being the difference.I hope he gets healthy for the NCAA...

9. UncOverDukeEasy

Completely agree. My point was just that a banged up Lawson probably wouldn't have been much help in this game. I'd take a healthy Bobby Frasor on Toney Douglas over a gimpy Lawson any day of the week.

10. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

Sadly, i was stuck listening to packman earlier in the week. Had a caller call in basically saying that if K would have had a player shoot up his toe to play, carolina fans would be going ape shit about k not caring about anyone but himself.

wonder why roy gets a pass??