1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Mar 8, 2013.

1. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

I disagree, they've lost alot of players with a significant number of snaps.

Maybe Osi will now be more motivated in ATL, but right now he's alot of hot air. Still think Abraham is a bigger loss than Osi is a gain. Osi also wont have other pass rushers taking away the attention like he had with the Giants. He was also considered a liability against the run in NY.

I do rate SJ, dont get me wrong. But he has had alot of carries in his career and is only 1 year younger than Turner, the guy he is replacing. It will be interesting to see if he gets revitalised in ATL or if the wheels start losing some tread. Keep in mind while SJ and Delo34 are the same age he has been in the league 2 extra years and has almost twice the carries, 1169 v 2395.

2. McCauley

McCauley Junior Member

They haven't lost anybody important. Notice how nobody is showing much interest in Abraham or Turner? And Jackson is a much better all-around back than Turner, it's not even a discussion.

3. McCauley

McCauley Junior Member

What worries me about Jackson is the route combinations they can use with him and Gonzalez. They'll make life miserable for opposing linebackers and safeties.

4. CelticCat

And nobody showed much interest in Osi either.

They've lost half their secondary. Robert McClain had a great year at nickle for them. I guess they're moving him up to a #2. Other than Samuel they really have nothing else at CB.

Of the 20 sacks provided by the DLine they are losing 13 of those sacks.

I guess Konz moves to C. McClure will be missed.

This could be a great move for SJ, no arguement there. Just pointing out he cant last forever.

5. McCauley

McCauley Junior Member

Osi has a job. Abraham and Turner don't. They've upgraded, hate to tell you so.

6. Shameless

Shameless Banned Member

Jackson over tuner yes...idk about osi. I think his play was inflated from all the talent on that dline in NY. Kinda like Edwards in minni playing with Allen and the two dts..(the Willaims)

7. CelticCat

at 1 position. downgraded in how many others? at least so far anyway.

abraham will get hired too.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Dude, stop it. You're really bringing up Todd McClure and Vance Walker? And you're claiming that going from Abraham to Umenyiora is a downgrade? The one guy they lost who matters is Dunta Robinson, and he struggled against the pass the last two seasons.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Grimes gets a 1 year deal with Miami. I wonder how much it was for

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

He was a good player, but a corner with an Achilles injury is even scarier than a linebacker.