1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Fox, Hurney and entire staff get to stay?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by hotsundad, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think we have all gotten spoiled by Fox's success. I have never had the notion during Fox's tenure that we were just an awful team. Sometimes we have struggled due to injury and inconsistency from our QB but it has always appeared fixable to me.

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Why not? He helped build the team, maybe the people running the bucs saw that Gruden had built a superbowl contender and thought that they should acquire him. Do you not credit Dungy with building the team Gruden took to the super bowl?

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

The bucs had no way to know that the Raiders would make it to the superbowl the year after Gruden left. All they knew was that he had had success in Oakland.

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I have never thought of Fox as "mediocre", not at all. In fact I've always believed we had a very good coach. However I do wish we were a little more exciting on offense. I do think there have been "grumblings" about consistency or "playing with heart" for sometime now, although Kris Jenkins is the only one (that I know of) that would admit it,,,,but ultimately the biggest thing (IMO) that put Fox's head on everyone's chopping block was when he stuck with Jake entirely too long this year.

As for his records, wins, etc,,,,,,,, yes he's had his good years, then again folks around the NFL have also acknowledged that we've had enough talented players a couple of those years that we were picked (preseason) pretty high several of those years. Admittedly, while Fox hasn't fell to a real shitty (3-13, 4-14,etc) record,,, although I do believe he was on his way to one of those records this year if Jake had kept playing. The stat that he's never had 2 winning seasons in a row, given our talent also bothers me.

I wonder if the reason Fox has trouble winning with tougher schedules is because many of the better teams are opening it up more offensively in the air, and sometimes I really wonder if Fox's way of smashmouth grinding it out can even win in today's NFL.

Overall, I give him above average, but after it was mentioned about JR not offering an extension, I agree JR slapped Fox in the face by not offering an extension, and it will be interesting to see how that plays out.