1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Fox, Hurney and entire staff get to stay?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by hotsundad, Dec 28, 2009.

1. hotsundad

hotsundad Full Access Member

do we base the performance on the last 2 weeks or the previous 13?

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Base your judgement on all of it, just like you can't credit Parcells for finally putting in Romo without bashing him for keeping Bledsoe in for so long.

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I'd think you'd judge the entire body of work. Three playoff seasons in eight years is pretty marginal.

4. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Got to see more playoff appearances. I am perfectly fine will all of the coaches, less Crossman, returning. But Delhomme cannot be a part of this equation any longer, no matter who is coaching the team. I would not be heartbroken to see Hurney replaced.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  5. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Hopefully Fox will be offended at not being extended and decline the offer.

:piss2:Furney

Jake better not be returning as well.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Jake is coming back, because we've already extended him last spring, and now nobody else would give us anything for him. Might be a bit much to pay for a backup, but thats exactly where I'd put him in 2010 with a clipboard, and I'd tell him not to throw the clipboard to the other team.

As for Fox, he's done a lot of good things for this franchise, but after this year I seriously question if change isn't needed. I have always supported Fox until recently, so I can be won back, but I'd like to see him making decisions based on whats best for the TEAM, and not one player.

Bottomline, we have a QB issue, Moore may not be our future starter, but whoever the coach is, needs to be fair about it. And what Moore has shown the past 4 weeks, is that when a QB doesn't turn the ball over, this team can be pretty good.

7. Piper

Piper phishin member

3 playoff appearances in years is slightly above average.

The Panthers are 8th in the league in wins.

And the Observer made a good point I did not think of. We may not have football in 2011. Why guarantee a big time coach like Cower a big salary when you don't know if he'll have the revenue?

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I have seen enough of Moore to be comfortable with him as our starter next season. If we can add another weapon for him to work with in the passing game, shore up DT and special teams we should have as good a shot as anyone. I would rather see Jake retire and find a veteran backup for Moore. Jake's arm is shot.

I would let Peppers walk. He brings a couple of monster games each year but it is not enough to justify his contract. Brown and Johnson both look ready to get a lot of playing time to me.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I disagree. It's not exceptional, but there's one coach in the league based on that judgement. Otherwise, it certainly puts him in the upper half at the worst measure, and I don't believe that's fireable. Most coaches don't make it to eight years, and he's deserved eight.

10. Faithwarrior118

Faithwarrior118 Jesus loves you

The whole league is kind of handcuffed by not knowing what will happen in 2011. Until the CBA stuff gets worked out, there won't be a lot of extensions.