1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Fox and this game

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by stratocatter, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

2. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

No, it's not okay to start the season sloppy, it's just our history. But it does give me hope/optimism that we will improve and haven't yet reached what "the real Panthers are" this year.

3. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

a lot of times we look like shit, and we make the teams we play look like shit - even when they win. that's just who we are.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    My motivation to talk about football on a message board is to talk about football on a message board. You complicating this or making it personal but making it 'my motivation' isn't really logical.

Then I'll excuse it and figure you know better but still choose not to care to correct it. Maybe you being able to do this without a chip on your shoulder might make this flaw something useful instead of harmful, if your intent is to actually contribute to the community rather than just use it as a reason to lash out.

I respond. I don't cause you to lash out, or be personal, or insultive, so no, I don't find that "half" is equitable. Discourse with you is part of this forum, so me responding to you being invasively critical shouldn't be unexpected.

Except for not really. Many people do find it whining, yes.

Also, you stating my opinions are absurd doesn't make it so.
    I agree, I won't. It's not useful for me to point out specific purposes for them to be belittled, and your own statements above "I never said ..." acknowledge that, of course, coaches get criticised for playcalls and say things like this all the time.

That's great, but you also must realize it has no bearing, weight, and that your own responses go on the assumption that I won't bother meeting your criteria and yet you do expect a response. At some point, you ordering people around may become a problem, and we've had this discussion before, but luckily since no one pays it any mind it's not requiring action.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Sure, that's why you lie about things I say and carry on in arguments for pages at a time. It's all about the football.
    As I've said before, I'm not an asshole in service to anyone else, but just because I'm naturally inclined. That said, it unquestionably helps "the community." Holding other people to account is what keeps this place from being mindless chaos like the Huddle or Charlotte.com. Moreover, you're a judgmental asshole too, just second fiddle to me.
    Like I said, you never take responsibility for your own actions. You never have and you presumably never will. Meanwhile I freely acknowledge my faults.
    If you want to keep digging yourself a deeper grave, please, be my guest. Saying that it was a "no brainer" to pass deep in our own territory right before the half was stupid and everyone knows it. Saying that Fox wasn't whining when he bitched about fan reactions to his play-calling was also stupid. The reason I keep kicking your ass in arguments and making you look foolish is because you can't just admit mistakes. Everyone says dumb things on occasion, but you are so wrapped up in this self-important image of yourself that you can't just acknowledge that you screwed up. That's why you end up looking like a fool arguing for ten pages over something you were clearly wrong about. Just a simple "I was wrong" or "I overstated that" would save you all that grief.

Seriously, no one would think less of you for admitting a mistake. In fact, trying to defend an obviously stupid statement is what makes you look bad.
    I know, because not only are you lazy, but you're also dishonest. You know that what you said was wrong, but you don't have the integrity to acknowledge that. You claimed that "hundreds" of coaches have said things similar to what Fox did, so finding evidence of one should be pretty darn easy if what you said happened to be true. You won't post anything because you know that you lied.
    Spare me the veiled threats. You wanting to ban me because I expose you and your lies says something bad about you, not me.

6. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

I'd have no problem with Fox going off on the media but he's not, he just sounds like a whining bitch.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I'm going to defend something I believe in, sure. That you have a bias against me, and a lack of control, but it's my problem that you got personal? No, I'm not going to take the blame for your issues.

"deeper grave" by defending my opinions? If you insist, but not really.

I admit mistakes all the time. I will judge for myself the things i believe a mistake instead of letting you decide what helps you "win".

Not really. You could call it lazy, but it's more being unwilling, because I've been down this road and the effort isn't worth it. We both know that coaches routinely field questions about play calling and are often annoyed at doing so when it's execution, not playcall.

We've had this discussion a number of times now. I've had the chance to ban you many times and haven't, others have wanted to and I've stated against it. You really need to spare yourself of pretending that you antagonizing me gives you a pass. Your actions are harmful to this board under the guise of "helping" and Larry can say it if you just have a problem with me saying it, but it won't change the answer.

I'll restate my opinion. Fox is defending the playcall because the playcall wasn't the problem. It was execution.

For a coach to go deep, and have what seems to have been the right playcall, is more risky than sitting on the ball but not out of bounds but it happens all the time, and you stated it "almost always is a run". Which I disagree on.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Those two statements are dumb and indefensible. You trying to "defend" them just proves my point about you being someone so insecure that you can't admit that you made a mistake or overstated something lest someone not think of you as the all-knowing, infallible football god you clearly want other people to view you as. In no way, shape, or form was passing in that situation a "no brainer," and Fox was obviously whining. The longer you drag this out, the worse you make yourself look.

And once again, if you don't want multi-page arguments and you just want to talk about football, then stop responding. You want to blame this all on me and pretend that it's all my fault when they wouldn't happen without your participation. You choose for these to happen, just as I do, but I'm the only one who takes responsibility for my behavior.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

You really aren't going to be able to tell me what I'm going to do, though. That's And no, I'm not going to take responsibility for you reacting to something I say when I'm saying it sincerely. I'll take responsibility for responding to an angry challenge but not someone else's issues.

Past that, I stand behind my 'awful' opinions on both the Fox statement, the play call, and what I stated about your role in this community. If you don't like that last part, contact Larry and ask whether he approves of you stating what people should be allowed to say or whether they should post/be at this board. I know you have problems with me saying it, but the answer doesn't really change.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

[​IMG]

She has an opening. Call 555-HELP.