1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Fox and this game

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by stratocatter, Sep 21, 2008.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Given the fact that our wins in the past few years have been few and far between, calling for their heads is nothing new. I have an idea that the coaches already know they "need to win" this year.

Obviously yesterday did not help.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    We're not modifying the gameplan. He's saying he got criticism for the draw last week, he's getting criticism for the pass this week. Not the smartest thing he's said, but he didn't go Mora on anyone.

3. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

He did get one thing right, punting would have been a pretty good call.

4. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

i would hope he understands they were different situations and different circumstances. but either way, neither play worked...

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Teams don't almost always run in that situation. Sure, most teams play it cautious, and we often run a draw there, but the idea of passing downfield in two-minute is pretty basic, too.

I have my opinion. I think it's more that "I'm not worried about what Collin calls a consensus" than that I'm worried about where I stand on it.

No, and that's never stuck. I get nothing out of taking a ton of shit for disagreeing with you, but somehow every time you and I disagree here that comes. I state my opinions to state my opinion, I have no idea why it would be anything else.

Up 7, with a minute to go, teams always just run the clock out? I disagree.

You're certainly going into detail about how annoying it is I disagreed that the coach should be fired over a postgame presser for not caring, and I really don't believe that, but that's beside the point.

I don't feel it's whining. It's defensive, certainly. He felt he did what was best in that situation, and I wouldn't expect any different.

So let me get this right. Your statement is that a coach has never stated anything negative back to press about questioning why the coach made a call?
    Granted the most obvious aren't flattering toward the idea of this being a well-thought response by Fox.

6. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

if you're gonna blame anyone, blame the Vikings. they were the better team

7. Majordobie

Majordobie Full Access Member

No doubt they were on Sunday, but I don't think they're better overall. They were up against the wall at 0-2, and they came through.

Our offense line was the big disappointment to me. I thought we were over some of those issues (Gross' false starts and holding). The Vikes have a good DL, and they exploited our weaknesses. We just ended up losing our composure and our confidence, and the OL was a big part of that.

8. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Fox gets blamed for not being honest--then, when he's honest, he gets roasted. Nevermind all that--Fox's best practice in the past has been keeping his opinions to himself w/ the media--he needs to get back in that mode.

We're not as good as the Vikes in the trenches, and that's why we lost. Not b/c of the timeout. Not even b/c of the fumble by JD. We all had fears going into this game, and they were confirmed.

Overall, the coaching must improve. Davidson is not calling good games, and seems to be having issues getting plays called in on time (as evidenced yesterday).

The penalties are a huge concern. We're tied for 1st with 28 penalties in 3 games. That's over 9 per game--Oakland-esque of us, ain't it?

That shit almost cost us 2 games, and was a part of costing us yesterday's game. An abundance of these are key offensive penalties, some in the red zone.

That's coaching, to a large degree. It's also on the players.

Can someone buy Jordan Gross some dumbells for x-mas. Jesus Christ, son, lift!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  9. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

He gets criticized for his team not being able to execute and making mistakes. He's whining.

10. rake

rake Need one of these

"so maybe we’ll start punting it!?!?!?"

where the hell has HE been?

Punting is his offensive forte!

yes . . . unfortunately the wear and tear is really starting to show on Fox

That was a loser comment for a loser coach who will need to be held accountable at the end of another losing season . . .

If the panthers go 7-9 (or worse) again this year (and they will) he needs to be replaced <PERIOD>