1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Foster transitioned! (wow!)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Proprietor

Proprietor Family feeder

Clayton's appearance could have been a pre-recorded segment.

2. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

I guess they're protecting Foster from the rest of the league while letting the market adjust itself. wait for Alexander to get signed, then Edge and maybe Lewis then figure out where Foster fits in.

bottom line (I guess) is they weren't going to chase Alexander or Edge, Lewis' baggage took him out of the picture and they liked Foster better then anyone who fell in line next.

let the other guy's set the market then negotiate.

I still don't like it.

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I agree. It's a negotiating ploy. We can sill cut him in camp. ***EDIT - I MIGHT BE WRONG ABOUT THIS***We can demonstrate to his agent a measure of value on the open market. If he gets a big $$ deal, let him walk. If he gets a decent deal, we can match it and keep him. If nobody offers him a good contract by 7/27, we can offer a deal that will work better on the cap - but less than if we drop a big check now out of fear.

It puts the control in our hands.

If he gets injured at $5 million, that will suck, but we'll have no bonus money piling up.

It's a fine move - if they are high on Foster - which they are. Nothong spent yet, and it gives us a measure of control.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  4. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

I agree as well, and like everyone else, I sure as heck didn't see this coming.

WP may have a good point as well.

If they give him the one year deal, to me it's saying "You have one year to prove you're the man...or not."

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Looks like we're back to doing the pulling staples again.
    Hey, he had some bangup games. Maybe they think it was the line, not the back. Problem is, it wasn't the line's weakness that made us awful.

It's kinda hard figuring that Foster's the bull. On the upside, we tend to open the offense with Foster in.

6. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

I think Foster deserves a shot at starting a whole season to show what he can do. I think he's capable of performing at a high level if given the chance.:twocents:

7. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

In all fairness - he had the chance 3 times. Rookie year, 2004, and the end of 2005.

All 3 times - IR.

8. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

This is crazy. First we lock up Morgan long term and not Spoon and now we give big money to Foster who has never stayed healthy. I really don't understand this. No one is going to give him a long term deal so unless we work out something with him we are stuck with giving him $5 million next year. This sucks. I was hoping we could solve our running back problems this offseason but this sure aint going to get it done. If this franchise is not cursed with fumbling injury prone running backs that the coaches just fall in love with then I do not know who is.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Full Access Member

Is someone who has fumbled five times in more than 370 carries really considered a fumbler?

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    true enough. He's not that awful there. But he is nonetheless injury prone.