1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Foster transitioned! (wow!)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

I'll believe it when I see it. I would shocked, SHOCKED if we signed Lewis. Here is a guy who last season missed the whole offseason conditioning program because he pled no contest to drug trafficking or some lesser charge.....I don't see that kind of player in Carolina.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Lewis really looked done to me. I don't think it was just a matter of desire this season, I think his wheels came off. Maybe he gets them back, but most of the time when a RB loses that edge he never recovers it, so I haven't wanted any part of him.

If Foster and his agent are at all smart, they'll sign the transition tag as soon as the ink is dry and then continue to work on a long-term deal.

3. Piper

Piper phishin member

I would say that's so insane, to pay big money to two questionable backs, that its ludicrous to contemplate. I would say it, but now, I'm not sure I can.

4. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

yeah, that seems crazy. Clayton is a reputable source, maybe that was a legitimate but alternate route

5. finleye

finleye como say what?

Lewis didnt look great, but theres a chance that the ankle injury he had lingered throughout the season and that he might regain form a year removed, ala, Edge and his knee injury...i wouldnt bet on it though.

and in reponse to medium priced free agents recently...Short and Draft worked out...i dont know if the price is exactly right for them, but at least they have contributed right? Unlike Meadows and Brzinski...althugh Gardner didnt work out either...oh well. McCree worked out, but its pretty much a wash overall when you figure in Bashir.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Short sucks donkey balls, but you're spot on with McCree. I'm not his biggest fan, but he has done well. I guess the thing that sucks is that we have to work to think of guys who fit that mold, whereas we were getting praise in 2003 for having so many of them.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Lewis?! Geez I have a hard time thinking Richardson signed off on this. But if he can get healthy AND the deal is based upon what he has done the last 2 years verses what he did in 2003 (2000+ yards) then go for it, I guess

8. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

Panthers | Davis likely will be released
    Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:23:30 -0800

The Associated Press reports with the Carolina Panthers making RB DeShaun Foster the team's transition player, RB Stephen Davis will likely be released.

Panthers | Foster guaranteed $5.13M if long-term deal is not reached
    Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:22:51 -0800

The Associated Press reports with the Carolina Panthers making RB DeShaun Foster the team's transition player, Foster is guaranteed $5.13 million in 2006 if he does not sign a long-term contract. Foster can still talk to other teams when free agency begins March 3, but the transition tag gives the Panthers the right to match any offer. Carolina has until March 17 to reach a long-term deal with Foster. If a deal is not reached by then, the team will have to wait until July before beginning talks again.

9. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

its just a stalling tactic.

10. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Clayton was reporting on NFL Network that the Panthers probably wouldn't be able to afford Foster and have to look elseware. this was about an hour after the Foster transition news had broken. obviously he hadn't heard the news and likely was just as confused about it as we ARE.