1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Focal Points for the Remainder of the Season

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

Agreed on tackling, use of RBs in the passing game.

Can we please put the wildcat to rest? It hasnt worked in years and yet it seems every game we roll that shit out and waste a down or two. Are they just waiting for someone to injure Cam jamming him at the line?

More pressure from the linebackers....we just cant let Brees stand there in the pocket all day like Brady did for most of the game.....

Keep Cam from turning back to pouty Cam....

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Brady was eating our lunch in passes to receivers from the line of scrimmage to maybe 8 yards. I want some of that

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

They tried one recently, forget which game. It went nowhere and I remember thinking we don't need to do that anymore.

4. Piper

Piper phishin member

>Fix the tackling.

That was horrendous. Perhaps they were playing too amped up, but it lasted the whole game.

* Establish an interior running game.

Were facing a lot of crowded frongs as well. Your third point may help that as well. I'm not sure what we can do about the right side of the offensive line though, to directly address those problems. It is what it is.

* Be less conservative with the route tree.

The decrease in YPP is directly related to the more conservative, safer passing offense. But so is the increase in third down efficency. We have more third downs we have to convert. We need to be top 5 in third down efficency or else the Seattle game happens. But I do give credit to Shula for designing a short passing game that Cam can execute. I'll take less explosive plays for less known passing situations where Cam gets pressured. It's helped. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd bet Cams passer rating takes a nose dive whenever he is pressured and has to reset his feet. We seem to be addressing that by trying to avoid those situations.

We opened things up a bit last game, and hopefully we will start seeing a safety more than 10 yards deep.

* More passes to the backs.

Agree here, particuarly with Tolbert.

* Get Greg Hardy going.

I still see explosiveness with him when he disengages from the blocks, so I'm encouraged that we could see more from the Kracken. He seems to be handfighting alot, trying to overpower his guy, instead of using his athleticism more consitantly IMO.

5. Kevin Costner

Kevin Costner Senior Member

The offensive line isn't great, but it wasn't in 2008 either. I think Williams and Stewart are sometimes trying to make plays that they can no longer make at this point in their careers.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

[​IMG]

7. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

when there are *holes* at the first level, they do well. but it's hard getting more than a yard or two (if that) when there is no hole at all. the O line is not all that great at all. it's a more weakness than the d-2ndary, imhmfo

8. Kevin Costner

Kevin Costner Senior Member

It's worse than your grammar.