1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Felton for Diop?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by DJ_Tet, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

2. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Hey, a thread where Collin tells everybody how smart he is. WELL I NEVER.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Actually I think I said in that thread that I don't have a lot of basketball knowledge (something I have said many times), but I still didn't understand why Carroll was a good signing then when the team could use that money on interior beef. So my point is that someone who doesn't even follow basketball all that much could tell that it wasn't a smart move.

4. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

I don't think he was a horrible signing. Maybe not a great one. He got market value (basically the same amount as kapono iirc).

Big men don't grow on trees. One thing I've found interesting about the trades is that the Bobcats are trading small for big; the old adage is "never trade big for small" and the Bobcats are getting teams to violate that.

Richardson for Diaw/Bell has undoubtedly been a win for the cats.

Diop? No idea, but Carroll wasn't doing much here, and he presents the possibility of a trade down the line. You can usually trade size for quality.

5. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Maybe they shouldn't mess with things. After getting adjusted after the trade (3) losses, they are 10-7, with wins over Boston, Portland, Detroit, and a near miss vs San Antonio.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Carrol was producing in the system they ran back in 07. If that had not changed his signing would look a lot better. He was never going to do much for a Larry Brown team.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, Carroll was never a good signing, Morrison was never a good draft pick, and Mohammed was not a good trade acquisition. All this shit is obvious to people who don't even follow the NBA.

8. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

In Carroll's contract year, he put up 12ppg on 41.6% from 3. That's pretty much what Jason Kapono did, and Kapono got paid more.

It wasn't a great signing, but it wasn't horrible either.

Nazr put up 9.3/6.9 last year. He sucks this year due to extremely limited minutes, but the guys he was traded for are either out of the league or at the end of the bench too. His salary is unfortunate, but big men are expensive in the NBA.

Morrison? Yeah, terrible. I wanted Gay or Roy.