1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Fab 5 Slams Duke

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by VA49er, Mar 10, 2011.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Yeah I agree as a Duke fan. Howard had a better career than Laettner. Hill had a good career that could have been great, but I don't think his career was better than Webber's. Hurley obviously wouldn't have had a Rose-type career even before the car wreck, he could have played many years in the league but he wouldn't even be a starter for a good team.

The Michigan trio accomplished more than UNC 93 or Duke 92 in the pros. Not even close imo.

2. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

You can say Hall of Fame on TBR.

3. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Thought the reason Rose didn't like Grant Hill was kind of sad.

4. DJ_Tet

Yeah not a lot of difference between Webber's upbringing and Hill's. I guess because Hill wasn't a fuckhead who took a 'loan' without repaying it, thereby vacating his school's Final Fours, that makes him an Uncle Tom.

Should have 'kept it real' like Chris.

Rose still has major issues, I guess I give him credit for honesty but honestly lost a lot of respect for him as an analyst.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Weren't Stackhouse and Wallace on that 93 UNC team?

6. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Believe so. Think they were both freshman. Don't forget Zwikker!

EDIT: My bad.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  7. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

I thought they both came the next season.

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

No, they came in the next year and it was an absolutely horrible mix. The old guys resented that Reese was not as good as Stackhouse and the new guys couldn't get past being the new guys.

9. DJ_Tet

As already said, no.

The 93 UNC team was really poised to win in 94, the 93 title was a bit of a surprise at the time. And the repeat was all but guaranteed by UNC fans. Until Sheed airballed a three against BC and their ruined chemistry cost the team in the round of 32, ending an epic Sweet 16 streak that UNC fans had hung their hat on for 10 years before the title.

1993's best pro player was George Lynch. Even if you did include Stackhouse and Wallace their pro careers don't beat Webber, Rose or Howard imo. Wallace got a ring but Stackhouse just put up numbers. Webber and Rose led teams on deep playoff runs.

10. DJ_Tet

Yeah, exactly. Remember, the guys that won the 93 title were part of their own 'Fab Five' before Cliff Rozier transferred. They were all going to be seniors in 1994 when the Final Four was in Charlotte. Another problem UNC had was Donald Williams' injury. He was never the same as he was as a sophmore during the 93 title run. Without Williams they would have never beaten Michigan, never forget the three he nailed with like 4 min left down by 5. HUGE.