1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Duke vs. Wake Forest

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by python, Jan 23, 2009.

1. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

Good win for Wake, Duke could not hit much tonight (credit wake's D)....as a Duke fan i hated to see that travel call at the end....ref should have let it go b/c he landed on a wake player and thats a foul in the rule book....Oh well, OT would have been better for Wake i think due to the foul trouble by Henderson and others.

Great game by two great teams, but as an above poster said, Wake has to come to Duke, luckily they don't have to go to UNC....this new scheduling sucks.

2. UncOverDukeEasy

UncOverDukeEasy Full Access Member

You're a complete moron. I guess I assumed you could read, but apparently not. The 35% shooting from the field is the sign of a good defense, which is what I was commenting on. The total points were a result of good offensive rebounding, WHICH I SAID.

I don't know why I even respond to you. Your lack of anything intelligent to say about basketball amazes me.

Anyway - Wake lost a decent lead because they couldn't hit free throws down the stretch. That's not like them, so the game in cameron will be a good one. Dook has a couple of tough Wed. night games ahead of them.

3. interestedonlooker

you really are a fucking moron. no really you are. 89 fucking points is not the mark of good defense, if UNC were getting Offensive rebounds on a missed shot and they make it, GASP THEY TOOK 2 SHOTS AND MADE 1 OF THEM....THATS 50%......you respond because you are too stupid to know you are that fucking stupid.

4. UncOverDukeEasy

If UNC shoots 50% from the field in that game, they win big, idiot. You obviously have no clue - go to the football forum or something. Or better yet, maybe Rant and Rave is more your speed.

5. UncOverDukeEasy

One other thing - UNC shot almost 82% from the free throw line - making 31 free throws in that game. To say that 89 total points means Wake played poor D is the sign of someone who knows NOTHING about basketball.
    Go drool on some windows or something.

6. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

That was a good game. Tough comeback for Duke, glad to see they didn't fold. Props to Wake, they deserved the win.

7. interestedonlooker

made 31 FTs? so is sending players to the line 31 plus times the sign of good defense?

Keep trying.

I tought good D was blocking shot, getting steals and keeping the score low?

Tonight Wake played good perimiter D...I have not looked at the stats but the rebounding was a wash.

8. interestedonlooker

agreed, Duke was down 13 with under 8min left (i think)....to come back to tie showed me they would not quit....satisfying in some ways i guess.

9. UncOverDukeEasy

I'm surprised dukey came back on an alias... I can't believe I'm on here arguing with Radio.
    Look - Wake didn't box out well against UNC. Wake fouled a lot and UNC converted most of the free throws. Wake's D was good and they showed tonight against dook that they can play D.
    Wake is a scary team. They really should have rebounded much better against dook, but the dookies were really getting after it. If Wake hits free throws down the stretch, dook isn't in that game at the end.

10. interestedonlooker

you still have not refuted the fact that 1) Wake did not play good/great D against UNC

2) 31 FTs does not amount to good/great D.

all you have said is....BLAH BLAH BLAH....should have would have could have....Wake beat both UNC and Duke, however they play really good premiter D something UNC does not do, and they have a huge front line yet they can't rebound for shit.