1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Duke vs UNC

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by The Brain, Mar 4, 2009.

1. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

Good Game, I'll concede that UNC is just not a good match-up for Duke but Duke played well enough to win UNC just made more plays down the stretch. some bad calls both ways nothing major to change the game. On to the Tourney.

2. UncOverDukeEasy

UncOverDukeEasy Full Access Member

So, you're basing next year's recruits on the fact that Lawson, Ellington, and Green almost left last year? You do realize those guys were still not one and doners, as you mentioned before, even if they HAD left last year, right? And yeah - UNC sucks now that Brandan Wright left after one year.

Let me know when you have some kind of intelligent basis for your one and done argument and not just some BS because you're ticked about your own team.

3. UncOverDukeEasy

GG.

4. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

We WON. That's just so FAB.

Attached Files:

5. CharSFNiners

CharSFNiners Full Access Member

Intelligent basis? I have read scouting evaluations where two players from next years class have stated where if not for the rule that they cannot go straight to the NBA they would test it b/c of their talent level, and I don't blame them with the week draft class coming out this year. Going into the year, that's something I'd look at. Hell at the beginning of the year there was talk of Zeller doing that until he broke his wrist, and he wasn't exactly stunning in his first two games. He did well, but no where NBA level IMO. I just don't see Roy as a guy who is going to step in and tell his guys straight up they need to come back, and I don't necessarily blame him when these guys could get millions.

While it may not be entirely one and done talent, I'll admit I mispoke on that to a degree, bringing in guys for a few seasons isn't always going to equate to success, it is what has made parity so prevalent in college hoops. Would you really want to think if Lawson, Ellington, and Green had jumped what that team would look like? Carolina has been good b/c they have maintained a core of continuity and kept experience. Hell even if Duke hadn't lost an early deflection in McBob I'd be willing to bet they'd be progressively better the past two years if only to have more presence in the post. Even Randolph a few years ago was a headscratcher.

You don't think UNC would be better with Wright? A consistent shot blocker would substantially boost that piss poor defense since he'd be great coming from the weakside to help Hansbrough and Thompson. You may have actually gone undefeated this season with him, like everyone christened this team to do.

6. UncOverDukeEasy

I agree. Apology accepted. We can be friends again.

7. UncOverDukeEasy

And just a note - I'm not disagreeing that our defense has been pretty bad at times this year - but we held dook to 32% shooting in the second half - 44% for the game. For a team that shoots as well as dook thinks it can - 44% is pretty good D, imo.

8. CharSFNiners

CharSFNiners Full Access Member

I agree, I think UNC did a better job of getting a hand up in Duke's face more often in the second half. I do think Duke did themselves in by missing shots they were hitting with ease in the first half, but that's been typical of them the past few years. I do think UNC is better and it shows. They have a better PG, as well as better interior players. Let's be honest, it's not like Zoubek with a healthy nose would do anything but give 5 fouls. While it never materialized, I would have loved to have seen Patterson or Monroe at Duke. It would of made these past few years more of a heavyweight battle.

9. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

Henson's a possible 1 and done, but probably 2 years.

Strickland is gifted, probably a 1 and done.

At least there's possible chances of extra years from the recruits. Memphis looks like the class that will jump quicker than UNC's.

Ask NC State about 1 and dones, they'll take Wall in a heartbeat just to have a solid point guard for a year.

The talk of scouting and their reports isn't accurate to speak on. Zeller was going to be a 1 and done, not because of his talent, but because of his raw ability and size. If you're projected to go first round and make a few million dollars, no matter if that's playing the D league or in the NBA, you do it. McRoberts may have made a mistake at the college level, but he's got a couple million dollars - I'd take it.

Wright like Marvin Williams have alot of ability and size to work with, but it's going to take 3-5 years to develop. Wright scored 13 points and the next game on January 7, Wright partially dislocated his left shoulder late in the first half of a game against the Los Angeles Lakers.

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Thanks Tyler

Attached Files: