1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Duke lands 5 star DT!!!!

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by slydevl, Dec 21, 2004.

1. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

I can't recall the last 5 star recruit who even considered Duke much less committed there.

Duke's recruiting class was already considered #35 in the country and that is without Paulus. This is huge for the Duke program if they can start landing prospects like this again. They will never win the ACC but there is no reason they can not be competitive.

-----------------------------------

“I’m going to Duke University,” Vince Oghobaase The 6-6, 310-pounder also cited his long-term future as being something he wanted to secure and felt like at Duke, he’d do just that.

“If I suffered a major injury, and couldn’t play football anymore, but graduate from Duke, I know without a doubt that I would still be set for life,” Oghobaase said.

And deep down inside, Vince said he could not have a made a better decision…

“They have wonderful facilities, a great atmosphere, and I really meshed well with the players and coaches.”

Speaking of the coaches, the Blue Devils used half of their total staff to recruit Vince. He recognized that effort and make no mistake it paid dividends for Duke.

“It made me feel like they really wanted me -- 5-6 coaches coming after you like that, and then how genuine they were about everything, just made my decision easier.”

The Texas Hot 100 #3 will enroll January 9th…

Message to the Duke alumni/fans? “They’re getting a big Christmas present. We’re going to turn this program around and we’re going to a bowl game next year.”

2. towlie420

towlie420 High Member

WOW!! :applause: Nice pick up for the Dookies. He's a 4-Star recruit on rivals.com but either way a huge commitment for Duke.

3. Big Russ

Big Russ Full Access Member

Big get. I think this guy was very forward looking into his future as far as alternatives to football. That being the main reason he choose duke. I don't think most highly recruited prospects are as worried about the education aspect of it.

Kudos to him for taking his education seriously.