1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Dinosours

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by CelticCat, Aug 1, 2006.

1. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

I laffed

2. BigVito

BigVito Splitting Headache

I laughed, too.

BTW, isn't this tied into some end time prophecy, too? The three beasts supplying the meat for the final meal?

Gotta go looking.

3. BigVito

Bingo, Nut. Book Of Enoch. Part of the Apocalyptic Hebrew mythology.

Gotta go dig through some of my Joseph Campbell books to find the story.

http://www.carm.org/lost/enoch.htm

4. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

But not included in the Bible.

5. BigVito

So the Bible is totally devoid of any cultural influences?

6. hasbeen99

I wouldn't say that. But I would say that what's in the Bible and what isn't in the Bible is deliberate, and not chosen lightly.

7. BigVito

So if a Behemoth or Leviathan is in the Bible, it has to be an actual creature? If it is written about as mythological/archetypical creatures in texts that are contemporary to the Bblical accounts, there is no relation? Even though those texts are from the same cultural background?

8. hasbeen99

I honestly don't know. I don't know how much cultural influence there was in putting that particular monologue in the book of Job, but I have a pretty good idea of the overall purpose for it being there. You touched on it earlier in this thread -- it's a reminder of man's relationship to God.

My purpose in pointing out that the reference you listed wasn't in the Bible was to clarify for those who may not have known that there is no book of Enoch in the Old (or New) Testament. It was just for clarity's sake, not for integrity's sake, that's all. Your inclusion of that reference certainly qualifies for the primary question of this thread, which is "Are there any mention of dinosaurs in religious texts?"

9. articulatekitten

articulatekitten Feline Member

His back has rows of shields tightly sealed together; each is so close to the next that no air can pass between.

They are joined fast to one another; they cling together and cannot be parted.

Triceratops? Sounds to me like it could be.

10. Ice Man

Ice Man Full Access Member

Did it ever occur to these scientists that it might seem odd that we find bones that are 6 MILLION years old? We can't even preserve our own bodies that long with our technology, yet we are to assume that packed mud can do it? I think it's interesting that a lot of these fossils are found in the act of eating something. How does this happen? For Christian's it's easy, the flood, but I think some people think we should have some long hard to understand theory.

There are also fossils that are found going through several layers of dirt which according to geologists represents different timelines, again how does this happen? And lastly about a year ago they found tissue in a T-Rex bone. Instead of scientist questioning the age of the bone, they immediately begin to try and figure out how it was preserved for 6 MILLION years, rather than thinking, "Maybe this bone isn't so old after all."