1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

DE's in the draft

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Feb 23, 2010.

1. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

What about a somebody like Kampman? a vet that shouldn't be too expensive.....could he be affordable without too long of a contract?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    all-pro player with multiple 10-sack years? He's got much better cred than Justin Smith, who signed for 6 years and $45 million coming off a 3 sack year (two years ago, before the cap itself gained about 14% and contracts went up more).

I think past that, you'll see the team do very little if at all in FA. Expect them to do anything possible to keep players from leaving, but after deciding to let Peppers walk the only real remedy is to make sure you keep a net loss in FAs and let compensatory picks happen.

3. The Special One

The Special One BALL HARD UNIVERSITY

I'd be cool with Kampman, although he is coming off major injury. I like Van den Bosch but he's really slowing down & prob too pricy.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I think Johnson and Brown can get it done. We probably bring back Brayton and add another low level guy similar to Brayton. Not really a big issue in my mind. I think we will get some decent pass rush from the guys we have.

I am more concerned about getting a good wide out to pair with Smith.

5. The Special One

The Special One BALL HARD UNIVERSITY

I agree! we have more pressing needs right now, the media will say that we have to replace Peppers by signing another guy. But we're ok for now

6. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

When Peppers plays to potential, he's arguably the best ever. That's not something you go out and "replace", so I'm not even thinking in those terms. But we all know that HOFer performance only came in brief spurts here and there. Reggie White, he ain't.

So I'm looking at it this way -- if you take the Superman Peppers out of the equation, you're left with replacing the Clark Kent version. That's not nearly as daunting a task. It's not going to be the same -- it can't be the same -- but the post-Peppers Panthers can still be very, very good.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

We have been plagued by inconsistency the whole time Fox has been here. A big part of that has been Jake. He has been hot and cold. Up until this past year the positive always outweighed the negative but he was never consistent. If Moore can be solid and consistent then we have a chance to be better than we have ever been.

8. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Interesting point. Hmm...

9. Parker

Parker Full Access Member

DE is a position I'd rather see us get a veteran at right now. I'd rather us use what draft picks we have to pick up skill positions to get young guys at wide receiver, kick returner, safety or corner back.