1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Delhomme's long leash

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 15, 2003.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

Yep. Jake did just fine (all things considered) and i'm soooooo glad that Fox is committed to him regardless of his crappy numbers.

2. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

that's opinion, not fact. keep making excuses for Delhomme you wouldn't dream of making for Weinke. If just one of those three blocked kicks had been good, all of you would be saying how bad he sucked yesterday.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2003
  3. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Okay say this SLOW with me... "Weinke is NOT the starter"... got it?? now get over it.

4. FAN01

FAN01 Full Access Member

delhomme

5. batgrafix

batgrafix hannle yo biddness

If We would have won with Weinke, he'd be the QB now. He had 2001, he had all of 2002 in practice and a couple games that season to show it, and didn't. I don't know why this is even a damn debate. It's obvious that there are some folks in town just hell-bent on starting whomever the backup QB is - Weinke, Fasani, Craig, Lewis... the list goes on and on.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, and it just so happens we've seen this grass and it's brown as hell!

6. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

Littered with cat turds! (Sorry, had to get the cat reference in there!:D )

7. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

Actually, it's not about Weinke, it's about how big a hypocrite most of you are being in looking the other way when Jake fucks up. It's OK for Jake to make the same or worse mistakes, but God forbid it be Weinke in there fucking up.

8. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

It's neither opinion nor fact.

IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE!

Lighten up there, big fella.

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

No doubt. Weinke's never gotten a fair shake. He's only started 16 games, where Delhomme has been handed the kingdom and started 1 entire game for the Panthers.

That's totally unfair. Free Weinke, ya'll. Free Weinke!

10. rake

rake Need one of these

I think I speak for more than just myself by saying that most of us just want to give some new blood a shot and as long as we are winning why pull the starters we have. Jake has less experience than Chris in this system (less experience period) and he needs the reps more. He does seem to have some intangibles that Chris does not have, and he’s younger so I think he might have a bigger upside than Chris and therefore he should be getting the call. The argument is a good one to say that Weinke was given an entire year and we all saw how that played out. Give Jake his shot . . . if he crumbles and we start losing then let’s see what Weinke can do with this supporting cast. Chris crumbled already for whatever reason(s) and as long as Jake maintains his composure and confidence during his growth pains he should stay in there . . . especially since we are winning in the process. Relax and enjoy the ride T_Schroll. We are WINNING, and as long as we are winning why not have a good time.)