1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Delhomme

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 10, 2003.

1. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

That tongue makes me chringe. I have that same habit. I bit mine 3/4 of the way off when I was a youngster. Funny thing they don't sew it up but just let it grow back together.

Where is your mouth piece Jake? Mark my word you'll be sorry.

2. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

Delhomme!

:jump:

3. Panther_Fanatic

Panther_Fanatic Seeker of an NC Pro Title

DELHOMME

4. batgrafix

batgrafix hannle yo biddness

Jake Delhomme has the third highest touchdown percentage in the NFC behind Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck and Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper.

Del WHAT?

Delhomme.

5. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

DEL HOM ME :D

6. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

believe

7. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

4 days, 15 hours, and 51 minutes until the next Crawdaddy action. :D

WHO'S YOUR CRAWDADDY?????

DEELLLL---HHOOOMMMMMEE!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2003
  8. batgrafix

Cajun up with Jake: Atlanta
    September 24, 2003

Panthers.com

On what he saw in the Atlanta/Tampa Bay game: In the second half, Tampa just wanted to run the ball, so I got disinterested. I tried to watch in the first half to see if the Falcons defense would do anything different. They brought eight in the box to try and stop the run, and Tampa hit them on a couple of long swing passes. I'm sure Atlanta is going to come in with a bad taste in their mouth this weekend.

On whether Tampa Bay's success running the ball against Atlanta is encouraging: Each week is different in this League. Atlanta is going to come in this week knowing that we're going to try and run the ball. That's our strong point. They're going to prepare for that, but hopefully we can run. We have to be able to throw it, also.

On Carolina's games last year versus Atlanta: I haven't watched those games from last year at all to be honest with you. I'm just focusing on this year's games. Obviously, we didn't play that well against them last year. They played well, and we have a bad taste in our mouth. They embarrassed us twice last year, and we need to be ready to play. Hopefully, they won't get eight sacks against us this week.

On watching game film from losses or poor performances: As difficult as it is to watch, you have to in order to learn from it. I didn't really want to watch the Tampa game last week, but you learn from it. It's a great teaching tool.

On the scores of last year's Carolina/Atlanta games: They just had our number for some reason. You just have to chalk it up to them playing well and us not playing well. Hopefully, it's not that way this weekend. We'd love to turn it around the other way. We don't know if we can, but we're going to try like heck. We're off to a good start and we want to keep it going.

On whether he hears his teammates talk about last year's games with Atlanta: You really don't. Atlanta frustrated a lot of people last year. In New Orleans, they beat us 33-32 and then again later in the year. They had a good team last year. But that's last year. This is a new year. We're off to a good start. Certainly they are a road block, but hopefully we can get past them.

On facing the 3-4 defense: The 3-4 can present a problem. But in practice, Coach is going to give us some good schemes to look at, and if we work on it and run the ball and the quarterback makes good decisions, then those things won't be a problem. They have some good linemen who play with a high motor. They get after it with (Keith) Brooking and (Patrick) Kearney and Brady Smith. I'm not leaving out anyone on purpose. It just seems like those guys are the heart of the defense. Each team is going to be different in playing the four-man front or three-man front by personnel. With the 3-4, you have a little more speed off the edges. They can bring their linebackers off the edges and do some things in the middle, crossing both linebackers inside. But if we just follow our rules of blocking that the coach is going to gives us in preparation, then it's almost like playing against the 4-3, except you have one guy standing up instead of having his hand on the ground. That's how I try to look at it. Look at it in its simplest terms. If you look at it too much, you're going to drive yourself crazy.

On if he sees himself as the quarterback of this week or the quarterback of this season: I see myself as the quarterback of the season. If I saw myself as the quarterback of this week, then I'm selling the team short because that means that I put a lot of pressure on myself thinking I have to get it done. I don't want to look at it that way. I want to be the guy here. I want to be the guy who takes the blame if things go bad and be a part of the team when we win.

On if his current situation is what he envisioned when he signed: I envisioned a chance to compete and start. Certainly things have worked out, but now it's up to me to keep it. I don't want to go back to being the backup. I've done that for a while. I don't want to do that any more.

Delhomme.

9. batgrafix

10. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

L'homme