1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Delhomme

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 10, 2003.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Best QB in franchise history. Arguably Hurney's best moment was getting him in 2003.

But it's over. Wish it wasn't.

2. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Full Access Member

Ok. Have a going away party for him, but just make him go. He's burned out. He's done. He made so many poor decisions yesterday, that you can't count them all. If he managed the game we win. It's that simple. First drive showed that.

3. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Me: "3rd and long, he's going to get sacked and fumble and they are going to score and the team is going to fall appart"

has nothing to do with me being psychic, it's just fucking obvious

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

It's the 'team is going to fall apart' thing that's troublesome. Jake has been the heart and life of the team - and when he goes south, they go south. How do you fix that?

It seemed evident to me that the team fell apart as a direct result of Delhomme falling apart.

5. reb

reb 1riot1reb

6. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Heart transplant.

I've noticed that, too, over the years. But I agree with what you posted earlier, meat -- Thanks, Jake. It was a nice run, but it's over. Wish it wasn't.

And before anyone asks, even if Jake somehow rebounds miraculously and plays well for the rest of the season, I still want him gone. One of these games you can overlook. Three (remember Oakland?) in less than a season with one being a home playoff game? No. We need better to be the kind of team we all want the Panthers to be.

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Yeah, you can get away with games like that on the Raiders, but teams like the Eagles run with those opportunities.

8. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

If he plays well in Atlanta, everyone will love Jake again and we'll be right back here in a few games or in the offseason....because even Jake's greatest supporters don't argue about whether he's going to have a game like this again, just when. But everyone wants to ignore it like a train at a crossing until it slams into your car and crushes your car like a tin can with you inside and rips your body into shreds spewing your guts, and brain jellly for miles down the track while dragging your lifeless torso like a cat drags the bloody carcass of some barely alive animal and shakes and gnarls it until it expires in a bloody cloud of death and meat-filled spray, until it comes to rest for all the world to see that you have on dirty underwear.

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Its not about liking or disliking Jake. In fact he seems to be a good ole down to earth guy.

This is all about his "play". Maybe its his age, maybe he's just not the same after the surgery,,,, but the fact is he had 2 terrible regular season games last year that we would've lost if we weren't playing the 2 worst teams in the NFL (but we DID win those 2 games IN SPITE OF Jake because we were playing shitty teams). Then of course his playoff disaster,,, then yesterday. It has nothing to do with him personally.

10. NFOF 15

NFOF 15 BAN THE OTHER GUY.

Is it really the lines fault? It seems you can count on Delhomme getting blind sighted and fumble the ball for TD at least twice a year. He doesn't seem to pick up blitzes very well. He had a good run in Carolina but they need to find his long term replacement. McCown isn't the solution let Moore Play some games what’s the worst that can happen he throws 5 picks? He seems to take control of the huddle pretty well and his throws are off because of timing but I think he can make all the throws and should get a shot. Carolina is kinda like the Vikings 1 qb away from doing damage.
    [​IMG]