1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Delhomme

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 10, 2003.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

2. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

Not in Seattle anyway.

3. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Is that a fat joke against Homgren, our jolly old Santa? Have you no shame, sir?

4. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

[​IMG]

5. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

[​IMG]

6. Majordobie

Majordobie Full Access Member

Heard an interesting statistic on ESPN the other night. It may be old news to some of you, but it was the first time I had heard it.

If I understood correctly, Jake has the third highest quarterback rating in the playoffs in NFL history (or since this stat has been tracked). He has a 5-2 record, and his QB rating is only surpassed in the playoffs by Joe Montana and Bart Starr. That's impressive, considering the Marino's, Steve Youngs, and Staubach's who had numerous playoff appearances.

7. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

Marino wasn't really a high QB rating kind of guy.

Pennington in his first year set the QB rating for Miami.

8. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Pennington could be replaced by a hundred guys.

9. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

If miami had a hundred guys playing QB, they would have definitely won that game. Or been penalized the entire time.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Sorry, but you're not going to convince anyone that you aren't a coward. You clearly are. And it's obvious that you do "get affected by (my) highly recycled, anger driven cutdowns" given that you're still arguing. You have got to learn the difference between a lie people will believe and one they won't (or you could just learn to be honest, but I'm chalking that up as unrealistic for you). Pretending that you don't have a personal dislike towards me is so outrageous a lie that no one is going to buy that.

He spent six years sitting on his ass doing nothing, and if he hadn't lucked into a situation where he's throwing to Steve Smith, he'd be right back sitting on his ass now.

Once again, meatpile, Piper, and others have disagreed with me on these issues and I'm not hurling personal insults at them. I can't stand you because you're a loathsome piece of shit who will lie just to avoid admitting even an obvious error. You have intelligence and you choose to turn your back on it. That makes you despicable. It's your lack of character and your behavior that I have a huge problem with, not whether or not we agree on things. Even the times when I do endorse something you've said, I don't stop despising you.

I didn't say that the majority agreed with me on that, I said that the majority have come around to the fact that Jake Delhomme is an average quarterback at best. They have. People post that shit all the time when I was getting blasted for not agreeing that he was "very good" a few years ago.

So Cassel didn't last until the middle of the seventh round? The Pats didn't publicly state that they liked him in part because he was used to being a backup? I posted the quote where you made fun of Cassel's supposed lack of talent, and now that he's making you look bad, you want to pretend like you knew all along that he was some great talent who just needed a chance. That's exactly what I mean when I talk about your dishonesty and cowardice.

"A QB so elite he took pitching back up to pass the time" That sarcastic comment is clearly a case of you mocking Cassel's talent. If I say "magnus is so popular that he has hundreds of imaginary friends," that's obviously not a compliment.

Years ago, yes. You can't pretend that favoring someone years ago is invalid because they suck now. It would be like trying to bash someone for praising Shaun Alexander in '04 since he's garbage now.

Well admitting that you're a know-nothing fuckup who couldn't evaluate a quarterback if your life depended on it is certainly a step in the right direction. Kudos for finally admitting that you know less than shit about quarterbacks, now follow up on that admission by shutting the fuck up. No one on this board, no one, has a worse record than you when it comes to evaluating quarterback talent. Not Thelt, not anyone. Your record is far, far worse than anyone's. Meanwhile mine is the best. Given that, explain to me how you have the gall to argue with me about quarterbacks.

You are such a moron. Croyle is not a "dumpoff artist," you idiot. Did you even watch him at Alabama? The guy is a downfield passer. He prefers to throw deep, and he can do so effectively off of play-action. I chose him in part because his skills and preferences would make him a very good fit for this offense. Unfortunately you are so unbelievably clueless that you can't even understand why I would bring up his name.

The reality is this:

Time and time again you have proven laughably wrong whenever you say something about quarterbacks.

Time and time again I have been proven right when I say something about quarterbacks, even when people like you initially blast me and mock me for saying it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009