1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Delhomme

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 10, 2003.

1. luchadore

luchadore A joke is a serious thing

Thats logic for you sounds like those new Bud ads "It's a team game so I lay the responsibility totally on my teammates". I think it was a rough game for his 1st start as a Panther and he didn't seem to get rattled but the bottom line is he had some poorly thrown passes. It will work itself out but passing blame after a win seems a little pointless.

2. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

Time to go back to our chant.

Del-homme.
    Del-homme.
    Del-homme.

3. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

Delhomme

4. Fro

Fro FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff

Saints suck.

5. batgrafix

batgrafix hannle yo biddness

He only throws when he has to...

Delhomme.

6. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

Delhomme!!!!!

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    He did suck. But he didn't melt down.

Carolina has a history of that. Get hit in the jaw once? Get frustrated, make slurs against blacks and mexicans when your RT is a mix of both, get punched in jaw again. Never play consistently good, quit on team.

Then you've got the journeyman. Finally get to the Pro Bowl, then screw up your shoulder by waiting until July to get operated on. Suck all year, campaign to play anyway and get cut.

You've got the Heir Apparent, the Quarterback of the Past, who sits the bench till they cut the ragarmed Pro Bowler, then after having been in the WCO all his natural life says that he'll "study the playbook" the same week he melts down and gets cut.

Then you've got the balding one, who was drafted in just enough time to hit his peak and fizzle. And lose the job in a year he was the only starting level QB.

That Jake Delhomme isn't in the fetal position in a dumpster behind Raymond James stadium is acceptable for this game. Doesn't excuse his performance, it sucked, but I like that I can't remember him getting rattled against one of the best DLs in football.

8. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

QB Stats (Completions/Attempts Yards TD Int.)

McNabb vs the Bucs: 19/36 148 0 1
    Jake vs the Bucs: 9/23 96 0 2

I don't expect Jake to be as good as McNabb... do I'm gonna say he did his job vs the Bucs

9. Lefty9er

Lefty9er Full Access Member

Weinke

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Yep, and that's the difference. He just doesn't get rattled (or, at least he hasn't yet). 4th and 11 with 25 seconds on the clock? No problem. Just threw 2 picks on a 4th quarter drive in a tight game? No sweat, complete one for 11 yards and a first down. Throw another wink at the blind side rusher, Jake.

He does need a QB coach, because he still makes some questionable calls, but I thought his decision making was markedly better, even just from the JAX game. On his 2 picks, one was tipped, which happens. You could argue he should've waited for a passing lane, but against the Bucs, you may not get one. The other looked to me like a timing route, and the DB just got inside position on Smith. Neither looked to me like those WTF picks he threw against the Jags.

Still, his completion percentage better improve, pronto. Thank goodness for Stephen Davis. So far, he's been the difference, really, IMO.