1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

deja vu?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by HM3, Sep 26, 2003.

1. HM3

HM3 Junior Member

okay, i think weeks game is a BIG psychological test for the panthers. the falcons have looked bad, and after hanging 71 on us last year, you have to figure we want some payback, with or without vick. but traditionally, this is the kind of game in which the panthers don't show up. it seems to me this could be a huge statement regarding the attitude of this team, and any new found mental edge.

i look for reeves to use gimmick plays, and possibly to look downfield early, with price and even crumpler, to disrupt the defense, and upend any early confidence we may have. this will tell me alot about our guys. am i way off? perhaps habitual paranoia? i hope so.

2. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

I agree on Crumpler, he can be a game breaker for the Falcons in the middle of the field against our zone.

3. HPCatFan

HPCatFan Senior Member

I think you are dead-on with Crumpler and Price.
    Look what the Jags and the Bucs did to our secondary. Price will be screaming for the ball, and Crumpler, once he gets it, kind of rumbles and rumbles until the end zone.

So, I look for the Birds to throw the shit out of the ball on offense, and force Delhomme to throw when they are on D. Hopefully their secondary is worse than ours and Del will have a huge day.

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Nope hopefully our offensive line is better than theirs... that's where this game will be won

5. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

if our D can put no pressure on Johnson then we are in trouble with all their receivers. If we do pressure then every one of those passes could be an interception.

6. madmike

madmike I Like Mexician Beer!

I agree that Reeves will pull some school yard gimmick play. That will result in big yardage. And Crumpler always has had his way with us. Have any of you guys noticed that Peppers seemed to be in a contain mode on several plays against TB. I feel the D needs to pins their ears back and pass rush the Birds QB until he's seeing stars. And I really feel that on the first series of downs they need to go deep to Smith or Moose and let their DB's stay back off the line. Henning could give everybody a thrill if he would go deep just once a game.

7. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

that's what i was going to say.