1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

David Ortiz

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by LClefty04, May 28, 2009.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

2. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

That list is worthless right now. I will need more than that to believe any of it. Failure to take the test gave you a positive result as did dozens of over the counter supplements that are in every clubhouse.

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

nomar said some players, who wanted a testing program implemented, refused to take the test knowing it would go down as a positive. the league needed at least five percent of all players to test positive to get testing. sounds like BS, but that's his explanation as to the possibility some on the list may not actually have been using.

I'm of the mind that Ortiz and anyone on the list did in fact test positive...for something that at the time was not illegal. Presumably, he was tested when the program went on line a year later and has been clean since. then again, maybe not.

4. 49erpi

That's what I was referring to. I think they used the NFL testing program where all the GNC weight lifting supplements come back positive. Those supplements were supplied in every MLB weightroom and are not PED's. They are banned because they mask the test results of some PED's.

5. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Bobby Cox juices. A guy that age, overwieight with two bad knees can't walk on metal spikes unless he does PEDs.

If Chipper Jones does PEDs he needs somebody to teach him to do them correctly. I'm tired off seeing him limp around the bases for the last five years.

If somebody accused me of testing positive and I knew that I hadn't done anything that would cause a positive result, I'd be claiming my innocence. I wouldn't need to wait for an official release of the report.

6. barry49s

7. 49erpi

That "list" is bullshit anyway. Michael Weiner, the MLB players chief, claims that the governments "list" of 104 is not accurate. There were only 83 positives on the original list and many of them were duplicates from players tested twice due to inconclusive results. Bottom line is many of the names that have and will be leaked are are not accurate.

He also confirmed that he never told Ortiz that he had tested positive.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  8. barry49s

The best part is ESPN doesn't seem to want to report on steroids in MLB anymore.

9. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Boston should be asking for a refund.

Ortiz batting .224 this season & making $13,000,000.

10. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Boston 3 Chicago 2

Ortiz has walkoff homer in the bottom of the ninth!

Ortiz has a 2-4 night, with 2 homers!