1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Darkest Days

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Sep 8, 2024.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Are the last 18 games the lowpoint of Panthers football?

2. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

Yes. Even during the 1-15 season, you at least wanted to watch. I’m glad I had a gig this afternoon so I couldn’t watch.

3. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Probably. Normally around late August I start bullshitting myself into a positive feeling about the season.

I can't do that now.

Ownership has no commitment to success on the field and sees the fanbase as objects to be preyed upon. Every nfl team does this with fans but they put a human face on it this is open contempt of fans and a display of dominance in execution- you can't get rid of the owner and even if you boycott the games he'll get his by robbing your money from the local government.

brandonray99 likes this.
  4. presidence99

That 1-15 team fought hard before the bottom really fell out. And they had players you could build around Morgan, minter, an exciting kick returner, moose. Which player on the team now do you think is on a playoff contender in 3 years?

5. DogBoy

DogBoy Full Access Member

A Tepper owned team is worse than a George Seifert coached team because you can fire a coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Black&Black

Tepper's teams have always felt detached from the Panthers I grew up watching, especially the post Rivera editions. It's just one poorly conceived idea failing after another.

This specific team feels detached from the NFL all together. When I watch this 18 game version of the Panthers, I don't even feel like I'm watching a real NFL team. It's like watching a 70's expansion team.

They're just a designated doormat now. Everyone's homecoming opponent.

DogBoy and brandonray99 like this.
  7. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

I don’t care that it’s game one. I don’t care that we have a new coach. I don’t care that it takes time to develop rhythm. Bryce Young is not a franchise QB. I’ll be more than humble and eat those words if time proves me wrong. But it won’t.

With what little I saw, they were nothing short of lousy in every phase. They look uninspired. They were pushed around. His errant pass set the team into a nosedive early. He’s a boy among men, and ownership is the absolute worst in the league. Tasty pick you stupid fucks.

DogBoy likes this.
  8. Black&Black

Every loss counts the same, but it feels like an irredeemably bad debut for this regime, especially after all of the good vibe horseshit this offseason. If you're a player, how do you take this coach seriously now?

Sure, these guys make a shit ton of money, but they also hate losing, and they especially hate being humiliated in college blowout fashion. This is the sort of game that loses a locker room quick.

9. presidence99

I'll go first

Ian Thomas

Horn is on IR too

10. Black&Black

Derrick Brown.

Maybe Robert Hunt, if he isn't a cap casualty by then.

Horn is too much of an injury magnet to count on, plus I don't consider him a true building block even when he's healthy.

So certainly one, and maybe two guys. That's about it.