1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Dallas paper says Johnson signed

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Mr. Scot, Mar 23, 2006.

1. y2b

y2b King of QC

I think signing Key helps our lack of a damn good TE, but maybe we take one in the 2nd, but our biggest need has got to be LB right now...

who knows, maybe we trade up and get a stud LB

2. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

KEYSHAWN TO CAROLINA

The Panthers have struck a deal with former Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson.

The contract covers four seasons, and carries a $5 million signing bonus -- the same signing bonus that the guy who replaced Johnson in Dallas, Terrell Owens, recently was paid.

The Panthers are Johnson's fourth NFL team. He was the first overall pick in the 1996 draft. After four seasons with the Jets, he was traded to Tampa for two first-round draft picks. In his fourth year with the Bucs, a falling out with coach Jon Gruden got Johnson sent home with six weeks left in the season. He thereafter was traded to the Cowboys for receiver Joey Galloway, whom Dallas had obtained from the Seahawks for, you guessed it, tow first-round draft picks.

In Carolina, Johnson will enjoy plenty of single coverage across from Steve Smith, one of the premier receivers in the league.

Collin's Fav Site

3. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

ok....I'm officially excited about now.....

hope we find an every down RB now to cover for Foster when he's hurt 1/2 the year.

4. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

fixed, couldn't resist.

5. y2b

y2b King of QC

I lived in Tampa when they signed him. We were sitting in the airport bar and he and another dude walk by to the elevator. I told my wife "hey, there goes Keyshawn Johnson" Everybody that heard me took notice. She says "Why don't you run and go get his autograph" I said "What the hell for, I ain't no Bucs fan"

We almost picked the same babysitter he had for his kids, and ofcourse I said no fckn way...next thing we know, our kid will come home saying "give the damn toy"...

I've always liked Key though, I'm glad he's here. Should be cool getting a little more national media. I'm sure he'll no problems with the media. He really is a community type guy and will be well recieved in Charlotte.

6. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

19.jpg

7. y2b

y2b King of QC

so this year instead of the GOT DELHOMME? t-shirts, we could have GOT A JOHNSON? t-shirts

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Just MO, but we better not be trading up for anything other than a RB

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Unless we fall in love with one of those TEs. Where do you see the Georgia TE falling? Pope?

10. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

i was maybe hoping we would draft him. i read somewhere that when he ran at the combine he looked like a baby giraffe. i kinda started to cool on drafting him after that.